Dairy-Free Pecan Pie Overnight Oats
Oct 3, 2017
Prepare the night before so you don't have to think twice about breakfast the next day.
Servings: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 tsp chopped pecans
- 6 additional whole pecan pieces, for garnish
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "pie" sauce layer)
- 1 cup oats (we used steel cut, you can use gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "oatmeal" layer)
- microwave-safe bowl
- 2 mason jars
- mixing bowl
- Set stovetop element to medium heat, toast the whole and chopped pecans in a dry pan, stirring frequently until you begin to smell a toasty aroma. Takes approximately 3 minutes or less. Set aside.
- Combine coconut sugar, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of almond milk in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for about 40-50 seconds, or until the coconut sugar is melted; it should still be a thick liquid. Do not overcook or it will turn to a hard caramel.
- Combine sauce mixture with chopped pecans (leaving the whole ones aside for garnish), and divide between two mason jars.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your oatmeal and cinnamon, adding the cup of almond milk and stirring to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the two mason jars, then garnish with the whole pecans and any additional sauce to drizzle.
- Lid your jars, and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next day!
Add New Comment
I’m Not Here to Make Life Magical for my Children
I’m Not Ready to Stop Having Kids, But My Husband Is
Tech & Media
How to Avoid Those Weird, Inappropriate Videos on the YouTube Kids App
Keepsake Craft: Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornaments
How This Dietitian Mom Gets Her Picky Kids to Eat