Cute Halloween Lunch: Frankenstein’s Sandwich
By Jill Dubien
Oct 30, 2013
Halloween is upon us. It's the season of all things spooky, a few tricks and lots of treats.
This fun Frankenstein sandwich will make a great healthy lunch for your kids during this sugar-filled holiday. It's loaded with fresh veggies and sure to make your little ones smile. It's just a wee bit spooky, but lots of fun.
You Will Need:
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- lunch meat of your choice (I used turkey breast)
- 3 thin slices of sweet pickles
- 1 baby carrot
- red pepper
- 3 black olives, whole and pitted
- green pepper
1. Place a slice of whole wheat bread on a plate. Place lunchmeat of your choice on your sandwich. Grab some thin slices of sweet (bread-and-butter) pickles and place 3 slices on top of the meat, covering the entire piece.
2. Slice 2 rounds off your cucumber and place these on your sandwich for the eyes. Slice 1 black olive in half and place these on top of the cucumber slices to finish the eyes.
3. Slice the end off your cucumber and place this on your sandwich for the nose.
4. Slice your red pepper into thin, small pieces and place these on your sandwich for Frankenstein's smile.
5. Grab your baby carrot and slice it into 5 thin triangles. Place these triangles on your sandwich for Frankenstein's hair.
6. Slice off 2 thin slices from your green pepper and place these on both sides of the bottom of your sandwich. Grab another black olive and slice it in half. Place each half on the green pepper at the bottom of the sandwich for Frankenstein's bolts.
7. Finally, grab your last black olive and cut it into thin, small pieces. Arrange these pieces on Frankenstein's forehead to look like staples.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Add New Comment
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library