Cute Food: Owl Toast for Breakfast
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Mar 5, 2015
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your kids off right with some delicious, nutritious and fun owl toast. You can use just about any fruit you have on hand, and the kids can even help.
What You’ll Need
- spread of your choice (nut butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, jam, etc.)
- fruit of your choice (I used bananas, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, naval oranges, peaches and mango)
- O cereal
You'll also love: Healthy Snack—Almond Butter Banana Bites
How To Make It
1. Grab a piece of toast and use spread of your choice to cover the top of the bread.
2. Grab whatever fruit you have on hand and make an owl. For this owl I used bananas and blueberries for the eyes, naval orange nose, strawberry ears and kiwi wings.
3. Take your cheerios and cut 3 O’s in half. Place these halved O’s underneath the beak to look like feathers.
These owls are so easy to make and the possibilities are endless so even the pickiest of eaters should be able to find something they like. They’ll help start your kid’s day off right and help give them energy to get through the morning. Enjoy!