Snacks & Treats
Creamy Cherry Hearts
By Jill Dubien, Meet The Dubiens
Feb 3, 2016
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and it’s one of my favourite holidays. I’m a sucker for hearts and everything about love. I also love sharing my love for this holiday with my kids.
These creamy cherry hearts are a decadent and fruity treat—they're easy to make and super fun to eat. By cutting them into hearts, you can make a perfect, portable and sweet little Valentine’s Day treat.
You Will Need:
- 2 85g boxes of red flavoured gelatin (I like cherry or raspberry)
- 2 cups of boiling hot water
- ¾ cup of cream
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Empty both pouches of red flavoured gelatin powder into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Slowly add 2 cups of boiling hot water and stir the gelatin powder until dissolved completely. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Slowly pour ¾ cup of cream into the red mixture. Stir until well mixed.
4. Place the pan in the fridge and refrigerate until set.
You'll Also Love: I Heart You Cookies
5. Once set, remove pan from fridge and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the pan.
Use a spatula to easily remove the hearts from the pan.
Refrigerate until ready to eat!
Add New Comment
How I Handle Being a Single Mother with Full Custody on Father’s Day
Dear Dad: A Printable Book For Father’s Day
Snacks & Treats
Cooking with Kids: Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
14 Mommy and Me — And Daddy and Me — Classes That Prove There’s More Variety Than Ever
Tech & Media
8 Children’s Books That Celebrate A Variety of Different Dads