Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
By Julie van Rosendaal, ParentsCanada
Aug 21, 2014
For the kid who says he’s not hungry, a protein-packed smoothie is a perfect way to deliver a nutrient boost before school. Nut butter and banana are a classic combo—especially sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Oatmeal adds protein and fibre. Add a spoonful of cocoa or hazelnut spread for a chocolate boost.
To-go tip: Use an insulated coffee mug to keep it cold.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk, soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) quick-cooking oats
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey, or to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add a little extra milk if it seems too thick, or an extra drizzle of honey for sweetness.
Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, August/September 2013.
More great smoothie recipes from ParentsCanada: