Back-To-School Lunch with Note
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Sep 10, 2014
That time of year is here! Maybe your little one has already started school, or maybe will be starting soon. Back to school in my house means back to making school lunches. Making your kids a special back-to-school lunch is easier than you think and your kids will love the cuteness!
What You’ll Need
- 1 sandwich, prepared with filling of your choice
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese (not pictured)
- handful of whole-wheat crackers
- 1 cheesestring
- handful of fresh blueberries
- 4 slices of fresh cucumber
- Post-it notes and a pen
- transportation sandwich lunch punch
- three-compartment lunch box (I used EasyLunchboxes)
How To Make It
1. Place your sandwich on a cutting board and using your transportation lunch punch, cut the sandwich into a vehicle shape. Discard the crusts or eat them yourself! Next, grab a slice of cheddar cheese and cut the cheese with your transportation lunch punch. Place the cheese on the top of your sandwich to appear like a bus.
2. Next we’re going to assemble our lunch box. Place your school bus sandwich in the largest compartment. I put two blueberries in the wheel wells to look like wheels. In the next largest section I put the fresh cucumber and blueberries, and in the smallest section I put the whole-wheat crackers and the cheesestring which I cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Lastly we’re going to add a little love to our lunchbox. Sticky post-it notes are a really quick way to add a sweet message of love and encouragement. I love writing a quick note to my kids and sticking it to the top of their lunch container. They love seeing a little hand-written note from me and it reminds them they are loved. It’s such an easy thing to do and your kids will love it!
Add New Comment
No One Is The Aunt — Going To Family Camp With My Husband, His Ex-Wife And Our Kids
Snacks & Treats
10 Nutritious and Delicious Frozen Treats for Summer This Dietitian Mom Swears By
Here’s How it Feels to Get Hateful Online Comments About My Parenting
Why My Kids Have Patches on Their Clothes and What That’s Taught Our Family
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend Their 15 Favourite Nonfiction Books for Kids