April Fool’s Day Lunch: Buggy Lunch Box
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Mar 30, 2016
April Fool's Day is a fun day to play innocent and funny tricks on the people you love. My kids love a good trick and this lunch, filled with realistic looking bugs, will be sure to fool them!
Note: This lunch is for kids who are old enough to not put the plastic bugs in their mouths. If serving to younger children, please make sure they are supervised so they don't put the small bugs in their mouth.
You Will Need:
- 1 sandwich, prepared with filling of your choice
- 2 slices of naval orange, sliced in half
- 1 apple
- 1 gummy worm
- 3-compartment lunch box
- several realistic plastic bugs (available at dollar stores and toy stores)
1. Using your knife, slice a "bite-mark" out of the bottom of your sandwich. Place your sandwich in your lunch box and place a plastic spider right beside the bite-mark.
2. Place some slices of naval orange in a separate compartment of your lunch box and place some plastic ants on top of the orange slices.
3. Grab your apple and, using your knife, drill a hole into the top of the apple. Place the apple in the last compartment of your lunch box.
4. Take your gummy worm and place it in the hole in the apple so that half the worm is sticking out.
Enjoy this fun, yummy and tricky lunch!
This post was originally published in March 2014.