By Susan Rogers, ParentsCanada
Collect candy in style this Halloween and leave the pillow case at home!
What you need:
- 8" x 10" white self-adhesive foam sheet
- 6 black feathers (3 different sizes)
- 3 black miniature pompoms
1. Trace around the outside of a salad plate with a pencil onto the back of a white self-adhesive foam sheet and cut out with scissors. Don't peel off backing yet.
2. Poke three holes through the foam circle in different spots.
3. Dip the stems of two black feathers in glue, and stick through one of the holes. Push the feather stems on each pair flat so ends point in opposite directions on the front of your circle.
4. Glue two googly eyes on each pompom and let dry.
5. Glue one googly-eyed pompom in the centre of each pair of feather "wings" to make the bat bodies.
6. Peel off the adhesive backing on the circle and stick the circle to the front of the fabric shopping bag. Add a pumpkin or other Halloween sticker, if you like! (Stickers are available at craft or dollar stores).
Originally published in ParentsCanada, October 2012.Find more Halloween crafts and articles on ParentsCanada!Halloween party recipesStay safe this HalloweenKeep your pet safe and happy this HalloweenBest DIY Halloween costumes