We're celebrating pets with "Patty's Pet Parade" - a super fun parade for pets big and small! The contest is over - congratulations to Elizabeth, Gabriela, Braeden and Victoria, winners of an awesome Kids' CBC prize pack! - but you can still join the celebrations.
Email us a photo of your pet to email@example.com, and we'll do the rest! Or, you can create your own Popsicle stick pet (read the instructions here) and mail it to us.
On a separate piece of paper or in the body of the email, all submissions must include the following information:
- Parent/guardian's full name, email, home address and phone number.
- Child's name and age.
- Phonetic pronunciations for all names (parents, children and pet),
plus pet's name/type (e.g., "Fido"/Poodle, "Gizard"/Bearded Dragon,
- A little bit of information about the pet (e.g., This is grandma's dog. He likes to play fetch with me.).
HOW TO SUBMIT BY EMAIL
Send us a photo of your pet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
as an attachment. To be accepted, submissions must follow the guidelines below. The photo must be a minimum of 4 megapixels, 100 dpi or ppi, and no more than 4 megabyte (MB)s in size.PHOTO GUIDELINES
- The pet should be alone in the photo.
- The pet's face fills the frame of the photo without cutting off parts of the pet's face (such as the ears or top of the head).
- The photo must be in colour, in focus and well-lit.
- The photo must not feature logos of any kind.
- The photo must be a minimum of 4 megapixels, 100 dpi or ppi, and no more than 4 megabytes (MB) in size.
- Popsicle stick pets entries only: The photo must be approximately 10 cm x 10 cm (about the size of a CD), and glued to a popsicle stick.
- Please note that we are not able to return photos.
SUBMIT A POPSICLE STICK PET BY SNAIL MAIL
If you prefer to send us a completed popsicle stick pet, please follow the instructions above and mail your work to:
Patty's Pet Parade
P.O. Box 500, Stn A
We cannot make, send or sell copies of any Kids' CBC segments. Copyright laws do not allow us the right to make copies of broadcast segments for distribution.
The Fine Print:
Photographs must be your original work and must not infringe the rights of any third party including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy and personality rights.
For legal reasons, all images much comply with the following: The photograph must not: (i) contain threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind; (ii) violate or encourage anyone to violate any law or regulation; (iii) contain advertising or commercial messages. By sending a photograph, you assign all rights and give CBC a perpetual royalty-free license to use and waive any moral rights you may have in such photograph.
Please note: By sending in your photo, you agree that you are the parent/legal guardian of the entrant, and consent to the broadcast and announcement of your child's photo, first name, age, hometown and province on CBC television and/or CBC radio, as well as any cbc.ca websites.