By Susan Rogers, ParentsCanada
Spread some leprechaun cheer with this festive table favour!
- 16 oz. yogurt container (1 per person)
- green, black and yellow construction paper
1. Mark the height of the yogurt container. On the green paper, cut strips long enough to wrap around the container.
2. Glue paper at the back.
3. Cut a circle from green construction paper using a juice glass as a template, then cut a hole in the centre about 4.5 cm wide.
4. Glue this green circle to the rim of the yogurt container for the hat's brim.
5. Cut 1.75 cm strips from black construction paper for the hat band.
6. Cut yellow construction paper into 2.5 cm squares, one for each favour.
7. Cut two 1.75 cm slits about 1 cm in from two opposing edges of each yellow square.
8. Thread the back paper strip through the slits in the yellow square, making a buckle.
9. Wrap the strip around the container just below the brim and glue at the back.
10. Fill the hat with gold coins (or chocolate ones) and set at each place setting.Originally published in ParentsCanada magazine, February/March 2013.Related articles on ParentsCanada:Shamrock fingerprint place cardsShamrock napkin rings