Got a question about the CBC?
We've answered the most common queries in our list of Frequently Asked Questions below.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re
looking for, please use our Contact
Due to the large volume of messages received, we will not be able to respond to all messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact the local news departments with a news tip?
- How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a local show?
- How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a national show?
- How can I find out the name of the song I just heard on CBC Radio?
- Can I get transcripts and/or tapes of programs?
- How do I find out about jobs at the CBC?
- How do I alert the CBC to reception difficulties?
- How do I contact someone at the CBC?
- I need help with audio and/or video.
- What are your channels/frequencies?
- How can my school take part in the CBC School Outreach program?
- How do I contact the CBC about something I saw on CBC.ca?
Answers to FAQ
Call CBC News Ottawa, our local TV newsroom at (613) 288-6485 or for Radio News and current affairs at (613) 288-6485 or email our assignment desk. By Mail: CBC Ottawa P.O. Box 3220, Station "C", Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 1E4
Send an e-mail to the appropriate program on the right side of this page
For additional shows, go to the Programs page, and follow the link to the show's contact page on left-hand side.
Go to Programs A-Z, look for the listing for that show, then follow the link to the website for that show. Look for the “Contact Us” section of the site.
You can purchase copies of Local/national news or current affairs programs through Cision. Please note that prices and the length of time programs are kept varies
National numbers for Cision:
CBC Television - 1.800.363.1281
CBC Radio - 1.800.363.1530
For other news and information programs, information can be found on the CBC.ca FAQs page.
Click on Jobs at the bottom of any page on the CBC.ca site.
Please fill out this form.
Check the "Contact" information on the right side of this page, or use the Contact Form.
This information can be found on the Audio/Video help page.
These are listed on the Program Guide section.
Go to Laurence Wall's School Outreach page for details on the program and how to arrange a visit.
Use the Contact Form.