Broadway East: Neighbourhood on the rise
For a long time, Broadway between Clark and Main street has been a mostly lifeless stretch of old, crumbling buildings with little commercial activity. It has struggled to shake its reputation as a rough neighbourhood with a troublesome drug problem. But now, it's showing signs of life. Entrepreneurs, developers and community leaders are hopeful that Broadway East will finally become a vibrant and bustling neighbourhood. 'On the Coast' producer Jennifer Chen met a number of people who think Broadway East is on the rise.
- Francois Godbout, owner of Seb's restaurant
- Mike Wiebe, owner of 8.5 restaurant / Vice-President of the Mount Pleasant Business Improvement Association
- Jocelyne Hamel, Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- Fred Kwak, owner of Kwak's Herb & Health Food
- Patrick Harkness, owner of Harkness & Co. Butchers
- Leyda Molnar, property manager of Kingsgate Mall