Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 28, 16 at 9:00 AM ADT
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 5:53 PM
E 3 km/h
Pressure: 103.3 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Rain at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 28, 16 at 5:00 AM ADT Fri Oct 28, 16 at 5:00 AM ADT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High 8.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late this evening. Rain at times heavy beginning near midnight. Fog patches developing near midnight. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40 gusting to 60 except gusting to 80 along parts of the coast late this evening and overnight. Low 6 with temperature rising to 11 by morning.
Periods of rain. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 except gusting to 80 along parts of the coast. High 13.
|Periods of rain||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Periods of rain|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- East Preston abuzz over Senate appointment of Wanda Thomas Bernard
- The tiny community of East Preston is bursting with pride after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appointed Wanda Thomas Bernard to the Senate Thursday.
- Joggins residents question why province made clearcut a nature reserve audio
- A landowner in Joggins, N.S., says he's frustrated by the province's strategy of conserving forested land, one that has seen it designate a clearcut a nature reserve.
- Is Richmond County the only municipality that's 'off the rails'?
- Nova Scotia's municipal affairs minister says the Richmond County expense scandal is not indicative of a bigger problem in the province, but a resident of another rural municipality where spending has been questioned is skeptical.
- CBRM mayor says it could cost $4.5M to relocate flooded residents
- CBRM Mayor Cecil Clarke says the cost of relocating two dozen homes recently flooded in Sydney is now estimated at $4.5 million and that the province will foot the bill.
- Halifax water main break that closed Dal campuses, caused dirty water, fixed
- Halifax Water crews have repaired a water main break near Carlton and Summer Streets, close to the Public Gardens.