Set Halifax as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 19, 17 at 10:00 PM AST
Feels like: -6
Feels like: 21
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:05 PM
SE 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 19, 17 at 4:00 PM AST Thu Jan 19, 17 at 4:00 PM AST
A few flurries ending overnight then cloudy. Risk of freezing drizzle overnight. Low minus 4.
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. Risk of freezing drizzle early in the morning. Wind becoming north 20 km/h late in the afternoon. High plus 1.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy after midnight. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early in the evening. Low minus 5.
|Mainly cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of rain||Periods of rain|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New 3 Doors Down to follow up Trump inauguration gig with Maritime casino shows
- Rock band 3 Doors Down, one of the bigger musical names at the U.S. presidential inauguration of Donald Trump, will follow up their performance in Washington, D.C., by coming to the Maritimes to play casinos in Moncton and Halifax.
- Prominent African-Nova Scotians question legality of police street checks audio
- A group of prominent African-Nova Scotians is calling for the end of street checks, and one member argues the practice is eroding trust with police in black communities.
- Fishing industry cautiously optimistic about potential haddock boom
- Huge estimates for the number of haddock that survived after being hatched in 2013 have the fishing industry preparing for what could be a major boom.
- Video CBC Nova Scotia News January 19, 2017 video
- The only daily TV news package to focus on Nova Scotians and their stories
- Halifax Explosion plaque tells wrong story for 17 years
- A plaque to commemorate the Halifax Explosion has confused the two ships involved since the marker was placed in Fort Needham park 17 years ago.