Set Inuvik as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 08, 16 at 3:00 PM MST
Feels like: -43
Feels like: -45
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
S 14 km/h
Pressure: 105.1 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 08, 16 at 11:00 AM MST Thu Dec 08, 16 at 11:00 AM MST
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 30. Wind chill minus 40.
A few clouds. Wind becoming south 20 km/h after midnight. Temperature steady near minus 30. Wind chill minus 43.
Clear. Increasing cloudiness near noon then 60 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 42.
|Chance of flurries||Cloudy periods||Chance of flurries||Clear||Clear||Clear|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Baker Lake elementary school closed until January, due to fuel spill
- “Right away [Community Government Services] was notified that we had an issue in the mechanical room, and the adjacent room... about 150-250 litres of fuel were spilled,’ said Kris Mullaly of Monday's spill.
- Gov't won't support Liberal MP's proposed FASD Criminal Code amendments
- Yukon MP Larry Bagnell's private member's bill would allow for special treatment of individuals with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD), who are involved in the criminal justice system.
- Yukon's new Liberal premier meets Justin Trudeau in Ottawa
- Sandy Silver, who was sworn in as premier last weekend, is in the capital for the first ministers meeting.
- Fox vs. frozen mop: Nunavut girl, 17, claims victory over nighttime visitor
- Deanna Netser, a 17-year-old high school student in Arviat, Nunavut, had never caught a fox before, but an odd sequence of events last week led to her first catch, leaving a frozen mop in her left hand and one ill-fated, white fox in her right.
- Yukon gov't denies asking doctors for sensitive medical files
- The Yukon government is denying that its insured health services billing department routinely asks for full patient files in order to verify doctors' billings.