Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 19, 13 at 8:00 AM MST
Feels like: -31
Feels like: -24
Sunrise: 10:06 AM
Sunset: 3:04 PM
ENE 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 19, 13 at 5:00 AM MST Thu Dec 19, 13 at 5:00 AM MST
A few flurries ending this morning then clearing. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 26. Wind chill minus 41.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34. Wind chill minus 43.
Sunny. High minus 30.
-27° | -32°
-17° | -26°
-23° | -28°
-9° | -18°
-19° | -24°
-2° | -11°
-25° | -27°
-13° | -17°
-23° | -29°
-9° | -20°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukoner's sharp turn after takeoff led to crash, says TSB
- The Transportation Safety Board of Canada says a risky manoeuvre shortly after take-off led to the air crash that killed Yukoners Chuck and Shane Buchanan.
- Air Tindi pilot brakes hard after window opens during takeoff
- A large window on the side of a 9-seater Air Tindi airplane opened during takeoff in Yellowknife yesterday, giving passengers a scare… including one who was aboard another Air Tindi flight two years ago that crashed and killed two people.
- Updated Northwestel must improve Northern telecom service: CRTC
- Bell Canada’s northern subsidiary, Northwestel, may be forced to lower its internet rates in Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut as part of the modernization plan the CRTC ordered two years ago.
- Southampton caribou quota could be cut to 800
- The first ever caribou quota for Inuit in Nunavut began in 2012 and was extended to 2014. Now people in Coral Harbour could see their quota cut from 1,000 animals to just 800.
- Yellowknife, Hay River to play in mini-Northern Hockey Challenge
- Last year's Northern Hockey Challenge filled arenas in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. This year, a scaled down version will see a mini-series showdown between Yellowknife and Hay River, but no pan-northern tournaments.