Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 1:00 AM MST
Feels like: -33
Feels like: -27
Sunrise: 8:45 AM
Sunset: 4:58 PM
ENE 11 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Feb 08, 16 at 9:14 PM MST Mon Feb 08, 16 at 9:14 PM MST
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness after midnight then 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 36.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 33.
Clearing late in the evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 40.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Cloudy|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- RCMP close off part of Gjoa Haven due to 'high risk situation'
- RCMP are asking residents in Gjoa Haven to stay away from the 200 block area as officers deal with a "high risk situation."
- Yukon Quest 2016: Sass holds lead, 1 musher drops out
- Yukon Quest champ Brent Sass still holds a slight lead on day 3 of the sled dog race from Fairbanks, Alaska, to Whitehorse.
- 8-year-old Yellowknifer learns ancient Chinese poetry
- Two parents in Yellowknife are determined to pass on their Chinese culture and language to their Canadian-born son and they're doing it through stories and poems that are thousands of years old.
- N.W.T.'s Buffalo Airways mourns beloved shop dog, Jojo
- After 15 years on patrol in Buffalo Airways' Yellowknife hangar, Jojo the shop dog has said his last farewell. The rescue dog was well known to fans of Ice Pilots NWT. Despite all the attention, he never quite managed to shed his grouchy demeanour.
- Paid ambulance staff too expensive for Haines Junction, Yukon gov't says
- A pilot program in Haines Junction has determined it's too expensive to have paid ambulance staff in the community. A Yukon government report said the focus should continue to be on recruiting and training volunteers.