Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsMon Sep 01, 14 at 5:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:25 AM
Sunset: 8:50 PM
NW 9 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Sep 01, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Mon Sep 01, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Fog patches developing before morning. Low 7.
Cloudy. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. High 14.
Clearing near midnight. Low 7.
|Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy|
10° | 5°
50° | 41°
8° | 1°
46° | 34°
11° | 5°
52° | 41°
10° | 4°
50° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Harm reduction set to become big focus in Yellowknife
- The Yellowknife Health and Social Services Authority plans to make harm reduction part of its services right across the board.
- New Arctic Economic Council will try to shape development in North video
- The first meeting of the Arctic Economic Council begins Tuesday in Iqaluit, with the new group aiming to lay the groundwork for businesses seeking opportunities as climate change opens up the North.
- Tom Mulcair to hold town hall in Iqaluit Tuesday
- The leader of the official Opposition will be in Iqaluit this week along with NDP MP Romeo Saganish.
- 100s of Iqaluit residents come out for fresh produce
- A large crowd gathered in Iqaluit Saturday for a rare chance to buy fresh and affordable fruits and vegetables. The public market was a pilot project by a group of citizens that hope to continue doing it.
- Joining the military jarring for some aboriginals: report
- The move from small and isolated communities to larger urban centres can be quite jarring for aboriginals who join the Canadian Armed Forces, says a newly released document.