- A strong low pressure system over Baffin Island has brought some wet weather to the communities over the past 24 hours.
- Along with the rainfall and windy weather in the south, snowfall has moved into Igloolik and Hall Beach and will continue tonight.
- Some areas could see up to 5-10 cm piling up.
- Along with the snow, freezing rain will be a concern for Clyde River tonight and tomorrow morning with a warning in effect.
- Steady rain and wind will continue on the south of Baffin Island tomorrow with a secondary low pressure system spinning in the area.
- The Kitikmeot will remain cloudy with wet weather on tap for the day tomorrow in areas like Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak.
- Further south, incredibly warm temperatures are in the forecast for the Kivalliq with highs of 20 degrees expected.
- Some showery weather looks to move into parts of the NWT tomorrow, especially in the Dehcho.
- The risk of thunderstorms will remain tonight through most of the territory (icluding the Dehcho, Great Slave Regions and Sahtu).
- Clear and warm weather should remain around Great Slave Lake tomorrow.
- Further north, showery weather will remain in the Mackenzie Delta with cooler temperatures for the weekend.
- Rainy weather will continue through the Yukon tomorrow and for the weekend unfortunately.
- Showery weather is expected tomorrow, with heavier rain and cooler temperatures in the forecast for Sunday.
- The long range forecast looks more favourable with sunshine and warmer temperatures in store for next week.
TODAY'S WEATHER PHOTO
- Today's weather photo comes from Kristian Binder. This picture was taken during a fishing trip on Boot Lake near Inuvik NT.