- The low pressure system bringing snow to the NWT today will deepen and move into the Kivalliq tomorrow.
- With this system, light snow is expected along with extremely windy weather.
- Winds in the region look to gust to 80 km/h tomorrow and blowing snow will be present through tomorrow night.
- Also expecting some windy weather in the Kitikmeot tomorrow at the north end of this system.
- Winds in the area should be slightly lighter than the Kivalliq, but still expecting gusts to 50 or 60 km/h with light falling snow.
- Clear conditions will continue on Baffin Island, with temperatures near the minus 20 degree mark.
- After a snowy day around Great Slave Lake today, skies should clear through the day tomorrow.
- Along with the clearing conditions, temperatures will be a few degrees cooler (around minus 12 for the high in Yellowknife)
- Also clear for the rest of the territory with temperatures near 0 in the Dehcho, in the minus single digits in the Sahtu, and in the minus teens along the Arctic Coast.
- Cloudy conditions are expected through the south of the Yukon territory tomorrow, with the risk of a few pop up rain showers or wet flurries through the southern communities.
- Further north clear skies will remain for most of the weekend.
- Temperatures will also remain warm this weekend with highs near plus 5 in the south, and minus 6 in the north.
TODAY'S WEATHER PHOTO
- Today's weather photo comes from Raymond Tanche in Fort Simpson NT. This was taken where the two rivers meet :)