- Everyone's eyes are turning towards the weekend and it looks like some wicked heat through the NWT.
- Tomorrow temperatures will recover to the 20s along the Arctic Coast (still in the single digits in Sachs Harbour and Ulukhaktok). Those temps will continue to rise and spread south. Most NWT communities will enjoys temperatures near 30 degrees by Sunday
- This hot weather is due to the high geographical position of the jet stream (upper air flow), fuelling in hot weather to the west.
- As temps linger on the cooler side tonight near Sach's Harbour there is a risk of freezing rain before temperatures climb tomorrow.
- Thunderstorm risk tonight through the Sahtu and Dehcho and continued risk of showers and thunderstorms tomorrow in Fort Liard.
- Other than that it will be a very sunny stretch through the NWT with a strong ridge of high pressure in place.
- Tonight will bring the continued risk of thunderstorm through the southern Yukon communites after a stormy night last night.
Last night's storm in Whitehorse courtesy of Kaitlin Knutson
- As we move towards the day tomorrow we will see that risk shifting eastward (continued risk for Watson Lake) meaning sunnier and calmer weather for most of the Yukon.
- Temperatures will remain warm through the day tomorrow with the hottest temps around Dawson.
- While the Western Arctic will enjoy hot sunny weather over the next few days, things will be a lot cooler through Nunavut (closer to seasonal)
- The Kivalliq will see showery weather for the most part tomorrow (except Baker Lake which will enjoy the sunshine).
- A little windy into Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak tomorrow while Kugluktuk will tap into the same heat as the NWT for the weekend.
- Baffin will see another sunny day with temps hovering around seasonal.