Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 18, 14 at 10:30 PM NST
Sunrise: 7:58 AM
Sunset: 4:12 PM
ENE 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.0 kPa
Periods of rain or drizzle
Periods of rain mixed with snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 18, 14 at 4:00 PM NST Thu Dec 18, 14 at 4:00 PM NST
Periods of rain or drizzle. Amount 5 mm. Fog patches. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light overnight. Temperature rising to plus 4 this evening then steady.
Periods of rain becoming mixed with snow in the afternoon. Rainfall amount 2 to 4 mm. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 in the morning. Temperature falling to plus 1 in the afternoon.
Flurries ending after midnight then mainly cloudy. Amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 4.
|Periods of rain mixed with snow||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Cloudy|
-2° | -7°
28° | 19°
-1° | -5°
30° | 23°
2° | -2°
36° | 28°
3° | 1°
37° | 34°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Teen's death sends shockwaves throughout Trinity-Conception region
- There's a deep sense of grief among many residents of the Trinity-Conceptoin region following the tragic death of a well-known teenager who died following a single-vehicle crash on Route 80 near Old Perlican Wednesday evening.
- Temporary bridge to open tonight for stranded Burgeo residents
- People who live in four communities on Newfoundland's south coast will soon be able to travel over the section of the Burgeo Highway that was destroyed during a wash-out on Sunday night.
- Still high risk of power outages despite new generation, says #darknl review video
- A consulting group investigating the causes behind the widespread outages across Newfoundland in January released two reports on Thursday, stating there is still a big risk of further outages for 2015-2017 despite new generation capacity.
- The Costco effect: An east ender's guide to changing gas prices
- With all of the news about falling gas prices, it would make sense to look forward to paying less at the pump. However, as many drivers in St. John's found out Thursday morning, that isn't necessarily the case.
- St. John's Morning Show 'lowed mummers in. Hear what happened video audio
- The St. John's Morning Show has the the debut of of brand-new version of the Mummers Song.