Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 10:30 AM NST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 7:56 AM
Sunset: 4:42 PM
SW 18 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM NST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM NST
Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 5.
Flurries. Blowing snow over exposed areas overnight. Amount 2 to 4 cm except 10 cm in the heaviest flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming north 40 gusting to 60 near midnight. Low minus 8 except minus 12 in low lying areas.
Flurries. Blowing snow over exposed areas early in the morning. Local amount 2 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 5.
|A few flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Updated 1 in custody as fires burn at Milltown school, town hall and RCMP station
- One person was taken into custody in connection with fires at several buildings in Milltown and Bay d'Espoir on Newfoundland's south coast this morning.
- New Don Dunphy inquiry: Joe Smyth testifies for 2nd day
- The police officer who shot and killed Don Dunphy in his Mitchells Brook home in April 2015 will take the stand again Tuesday, at the public inquiry into Dunphy's death.
- New Clear fire hydrants while you're shovelling, suggests fire department
- The ice and snow that comes with the winter season can bring with it several safety hazards, says the St. John's Regional Fire Department.
- Ice chunk slides off transport truck, hits pickup like 'big bullet'
- A man in Central Newfoundland said he's lucky to be alive after a chunk of ice slid off the trailer of an oncoming transport truck and hit his pickup last week.
- Updated Victoria weighing options on proposal for house for recovering addicts video
- The small Newfoundland community of Victoria has a big decision to make about a residence that provides services for people recovering from drug addiction.