Racism, prejudice and discrimination are part of the daily lives of many in Canada. Here are some of those stories, told by Canadians.
Take a photo or make a short video that shows Canadians how you plan pay your respects this year? You can share it with us on social media, using the hashtag #HowIRemember. Some of the submissions will be used in our special Remembrance Day coverage on CBC News Network and online.
Canadians honour Cpl. Cirillo as the procession with soldier's body travelling from Ottawa to Hamilton today rides along the Highway of Heroes
#Ebolafacts: CBC News is dedicating a special day of coverage to help Canadians decipher fact from fiction in the global conversation about Ebola
Okay to be gay? The answer is still no, according to the Catholic Church. But a new Vatican document challenges the Church to change its attitude to gays. Is this a sign of a massive paradigm shift?
"I guess this teaches you not to be nice or trusting." That was seemingly the takeaway for Donald Trump, following the billionaire's Twitter blunder Monday morning -- the latest in a string of social media gaffes -- when a prankster fooled him into retweeting a photo of convicted serial killers.
The first day of school is near. Finally, some might say. And for others (namely the little ones), perhaps, it came too soon.
Whether there are giggles or frowns, we want you to capture your child's first day back at school.
We asked our readers to share how they keep their budgets intact and save their dollars ahead of the incoming new school year. See their responses.
For Rupa, a dream to be a designer seemed far-fetched at one time. But now the 22-year-old, who survived a vicious acid attack, modelled and created the looks worn by fellow survivors in a powerful photo shoot that is resonating online.
Meet the Community Team
The CBC News Community team is Lauren O'Neil and John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- #MyExperienceWithRacism, Canadians share stories
- Remembrance Day 2014: Show us how you will remember - #HowIRemember
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's journey home along the emotional Highway of Heroes
- LIVE CHAT REPLAY: The truth behind Ebola #EbolaFacts
- Vatican sparks controversy by saying gay couples have 'gifts and qualities'
- 2015 (70)
- Canada's smart gun: Department of National Defence wows the world with new high-tech assault rifle
- #RIPElijah: Canadians Share Outpouring Of Grief After Death Of Toddler
- Happy lunar new year, but is it the Year of the Sheep or the Goat?
- 92-year-old driver hits 9 cars in a parking lot, doesn't receive ticket
- Boston mayor to snow jumpers: 'Stop your nonsense right now!'
- CBCNews.ca readers rail against Quebec education minister's strip search defence
- LIVE CHAT replay: David Suzuki and Dr. Niobe Thompson on human evolution
- #SNL40 anniversary show spotlights highs, lows of Saturday Night Live
- Barack Obama uses a selfie stick to promote healthcare.gov in Buzzfeed video
- Loblaws male cashier files grievance over pigtail ban, a controversial story dividing CBC readers
- Student mural showing 2 boys kissing stirs debate
- Does prison deserve a penalty for OT-incurring Super Bowl viewing?
- Best place to live in the world? CBC audience discuss Economist rankings
- Comcast apologizes after customer receives bill addressed to 'A**hole Brown'
- BDSM-themed Domino's Sriracha pizza ad whips Twitter into a frenzy
- Readers share their own layoff stories after Tim Hortons cuts
- NFL to run chilling domestic violence commercial during 2015 Super Bowl
- New CBC Series: Next Gen Den, Dragons' Den for the Digital Age
- Hashtag voting can't be taken seriously
- Video of street harassers being tricked into cat-calling their own moms is awesome, but fake
- February (20)