Proud father goes viral with heartwarming report card reaction
In a video uploaded to Youtube Monday evening, Aria Shahrokhshahi explained that he'd been struggling in math for some time.
"One year before this video I was at a grade F in maths," he wrote in the caption of the now viral video. "In England you need a C (pass) to basically do anything with your life."
"I've never been amazing academically and have struggled throughout school," he continues. "Neither me or my dad or my teachers thought I was going to get my C. I know some of you might be saying "well a C is nothing," but for me it was hard to get."
So when the U.K. teen did manage to get a C, he knew that his father would be proud.
In order to capture his father's reaction, Shahrokhshahi set up a video camera unbeknownst to his dad.
The clip shows Shahrokhshahi's father entering the room, opening up his son's report card, and well, watch to see what happens next.
The sight of Shahrokhshahi's father receiving what appears to be the most joyous news of his life is touching hearts across the web today, racking up more than 550, 000 views on YouTube within the course of a day.
Shahrokhshahi himself is thrilled by the attention his video is receiving.
In response to a Tweet from Piers Morgan about it, he wrote "Thank you so much Piers, I watch you on tv and now you shared my video!!"
Have you ever been this overcome with pride? Or have you witnessed a parent becoming emotional over one of your own achievements? Share your stories below.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2013 (1065)
- Facebook's reversal of beheading video ban angers users
- Proud father goes viral with heartwarming report card reaction
- iPad Air announcement elicits social media reaction
- UN campaign uses Google autocomplete to highlight gender inequality
- CBCNews.ca readers offer egg options
- Generation Porn live chat replay: how does porn affect young men, and the way they see women?
- Scotiabank should pay widower more after $35K tax bill mistake: CBCNews.ca readers
- Rihanna asked to leave Abu Dhabi mosque following Instagram photoshoot
- Admired Canadians: Who's missing from the list?
- Facebook users lament outage, get mocked on Twitter
- Cookisto lets you buy your neighbours' leftovers
- 20 per cent of Yelp reviews are fake, study shows
- White House's Obamacare pitch recruits fuzzy animals
- Breaking Bad withdrawal sets in as fans say goodbye to series
- Jesus was the original tweeter, says Vatican Cardinal
- Cheating husband needs 10K Facebook "likes" to reunite with wife
- Breaking Bad, Netflix foil spoilers ahead of finale
- Control-Alt-Delete was a mistake, says Bill Gates
- Google celebrates 15 years with doodle, throwback Easter egg
- Rihanna, Teyana Taylor Twitter feud provokes domestic violence outcry
- Grumpy Cat, Lil Bub meet at Internet Cat Video film festival
- Foam finger inventor angered over Miley Cyrus performance
- Tomatina tossers see red over food fight fee
- New app Streetmix lets you design city of your dreams
- Underwater hockey championships shine light on niche sport
- Indie musicians cry foul over foreign worker fees
- The Onion celebrates 25 years of satirizing politics, kittens
- Syria's digital war explodes on social media frontlines
- Neil Armstrong died last year, died again on the internet yesterday
- Patrick Stewart teaches 'quadruple take,' becomes captain of internet
- U.S. inmates can pay for jail upgrade
- Viral 'Camp Gyno' ad is a game-changer
- Scalpers sell Apple Genius Bar appointments in China
- McDonald's burger hailed cheapest, most nutritious food ever
- A Gonzo journalist and his Google Glass
- Readers react to police POV surveillance video debate
- 'Cop selfies' blog raises questions about digital narcissism
- Princess Diana graces Vanity Fair's September cover
- Young cancer victim lives on in favourite game
- Teen Rubik's Cube star sweeps world champs
- Great Canadians Near You: Jeremy Dias
- Party hats top surveillance cameras for George Orwell's birthday
- Google recruits Street View mapping volunteers
- New Yorker recruits Bert and Ernie to celebrate same-sex marriage ruling
- '3-parent' fertility treatments sparks reader debate
- School kids correct celebrity grammar mistakes on Twitter
- Calgary's kids create adorable thank-you notes for volunteers
- Wendy Davis pink trainers sell big online
- June photo contest: How do you start your morning?
- Do you think the Queen deserves a raise?
- Generation Why says farewell for now
- 'Prancercise' founder sashays across the web
- Readers debate merits of anti-bullying video depicting suicide
- Fired Mayor Ford chief of staff laughs it up on Twitter
- Amish teens on Rumspringa rush for Facebook
- Grumpy Cat goes from meme to movie star
- CBCNews.ca readers react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Facebook to crack down on gender-based hate following outcry
- Bank of Canada cries fraud on $90K 'Duffy buck' cartoon
- Canadians react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Illegal wildlife trade thrives on the 'dark web'
- Stanford students seek bone marrow match for beloved professor
- Google Glass user's shower photo freaks out internet
- Canada's new polymer notes get orbital boost
- Inmates use Yelp to review prison conditions
- Canadians react to foreign worker program changes
- VOTE: April Photo Contest Finalists
- Alberta public employees, government tweet across the picket line
- Fashion-savvy seniors flaunt 'Advanced Style'
- Praise rolls in for gay NBA player Jason Collins
- Generation Why: March 29
- Prominent Canadians bid farewell to Ralph Klein on Twitter
- Ralph Klein: Share your condolences
- Vera Wang ditches $500 'try-on' fee in China following global outcry
- Live Online replay: The star power of pandas
- B.C. ad evokes Amanda Todd to warn against 'just one photo'
- 'Stop rape' dislodging 'stay safe' advice on social media
- Brands support same-sex marriage in U.S. debate
- 'Rent a Mourner' fills your funeral with fake friends
- Ogooglebar! Sweden's spat with Google inspires 'ungoogleable' fun
- REPLAY Pope Benedict resigns: What's next for the Catholic church?
- Russian 'ghost' ship has Twitter intrigued
- Beijing woman's dummy tummy stunt on Subway causes outrage
- CPC, Wildrose, CBC line up to cut ties to Flanagan
- Vote for our February photo contest winner
- Married couple sought for millionaire's Mars mission
- Boeing's bid to replace CF-18s gets CBCNews.ca readers talking
- Vatican scrubs @pontifex Twitter account
- Rosa Parks statue unveiled on Capitol Hill
- Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel in feud over Duck Dynasty
- Opposites attract: Tell us your unlikely love story
- Youth for hire: employing 'Generation Jobless'
- Fired HMV employees take over Twitter account
- Toronto company puts your head on a Pez dispenser
- Perfume for babies released by Dolce & Gabbana
- U.S. man shot in driveway mix-up mourned online
- World reacts to new Blackberry phones, Alicia Keys hire
- Will BlackBerry 10 turn things around for the company?
- Is Volkswagen's new Super Bowl Commercial racist?
- Graphic porn invades Twitter's Vine app
- October (82)