Trending: Blue Jays, Bautista and Bieber
Holiday wishes and Justin Bieber also made it onto the trending topics list in Montreal, Vancouver, and Toronto. Here are this evening's most buzzworthy topics:
Bautista: Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista was trending late Thursday afternoon and into the evening as fans got ready for opening day at the Rogers Centre in Toronto.
With the Toronto Blue Jays / Boston Red Sox game in full swing, online chatter increased to the point where 'Bautista' started trending Worldwide.
We need a "I don't always hit home runs - oh wait, yes I do" Dos Equis meme for Jose Bautista pronto. Get on that, internet.-- Steve Dangle Glynn (@Steve_Dangle) April 5, 2012
Here's an Animated GIF of the first Bautista Bomb of the year. The first of many more to come ... 4.bp.blogspot.com/-bdbRQCWmvUM/T...-- Ian (@BlueJayHunter) April 5, 2012
Blue Jays: Fellow Toronto Blue Jays Rajai Davis and Carlos Villanueva were also trending during the game against the Boston Red Sox, proving that Torontonian tweeters are a baseball loving bunch.
Bautista playing 1b like he's been doing it for years. #bluejays-- Barry Davis (@SNBarryDavis) April 5, 2012
regardless of ppl's displeasure about letting Rajai Davis swing it, and calls for Santos, John Farrell has managed this game very well #jays-- Matt Mills (@MMills_24) April 5, 2012
Bases loaded for the Blue Jays in the 12th....with Rajai Davis at the dish. Yikes....-- The Outside Corner (@Outside_Corner) April 5, 2012
"Hey, let's put Rajai in to bring the win home!" said no one, ever.-- catherine s (@catherine0626) April 5, 2012
Happy Easter: Easter is trending now, and is expected to trend for most of this weekend as people worldwide celebrate the Christian holiday. The closely related holiday Good Friday is also trending in Canada.
Villanueva's breaking ball is wildly entertaining to watch #bluejays-- Jon Butler (@jonbutlerlwm) April 5, 2012
happy easter. twitter.com/davidfarrier/s...-- David Farrier (@davidfarrier) April 5, 2012
Justin and Selena: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez started trending Thursday evening after photos were published of the singers eating sandwiches together in a park.
Happy Easter eggs!Where is the rabbit that laid this?!?Lol twitter.com/DivoDavidMille...-- David Miller (@DivoDavidMiller) April 5, 2012
The young celebrity couple's rabid fan base took it upon themselves to discuss the picnic at length, bumping the words "Justin and Selena" into prime trending territory worldwide.
Most couple celebrities go out to fancy restaurants for dates. Justin and Selena? Oh they just chill on a hill and eat Subway.-- Kim Shaw. (@FLBieberTeam) April 5, 2012
Justin and Selena are so cute, they look so happy!! ❤-- ~Chalice~ (@MagicalLyrical_) April 5, 2012
"Justin and Selena look unhappy." Maybe that's because they have paparazzi shoving cameras in their faces whenever their together.-- forever with selena. (@FearlessWithSel) April 5, 2012
RT if you respect Justin and Selena. ∞-- hey jerry. (@BieberAdmiral) April 5, 2012
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2013 (747)
- Barnaby Jack mourned by fellow hackers, friends, fans
- Pakistani TV show hands out babies in Ramadan ratings battle
- Weiner scandal sparks 'sexting' debate
- Russia's anti-gay laws prompt vodka, Olympics boycott
- Automated bots reserve tables at restaurants before you can
- Japanese teens sell ad space on thighs
- Is Google Chromecast the future of TV?
- Vaccine denier Jenny McCarthy pick as View host worries experts
- Pope Francis becomes cellphone celebrity in Brazil
- Jane Austen to be the new face of the £10 note
- Great Canadians Near You: Jeremy Dias
- Party hats top surveillance cameras for George Orwell's birthday
- Google recruits Street View mapping volunteers
- New Yorker recruits Bert and Ernie to celebrate same-sex marriage ruling
- '3-parent' fertility treatments sparks reader debate
- School kids correct celebrity grammar mistakes on Twitter
- Calgary's kids create adorable thank-you notes for volunteers
- Wendy Davis pink trainers sell big online
- June photo contest: How do you start your morning?
- Do you think the Queen deserves a raise?
- Generation Why says farewell for now
- 'Prancercise' founder sashays across the web
- Readers debate merits of anti-bullying video depicting suicide
- Fired Mayor Ford chief of staff laughs it up on Twitter
- Amish teens on Rumspringa rush for Facebook
- Grumpy Cat goes from meme to movie star
- CBCNews.ca readers react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Facebook to crack down on gender-based hate following outcry
- Bank of Canada cries fraud on $90K 'Duffy buck' cartoon
- Canadians react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Illegal wildlife trade thrives on the 'dark web'
- Stanford students seek bone marrow match for beloved professor
- Google Glass user's shower photo freaks out internet
- Canada's new polymer notes get orbital boost
- Inmates use Yelp to review prison conditions
- Canadians react to foreign worker program changes
- VOTE: April Photo Contest Finalists
- Alberta public employees, government tweet across the picket line
- Fashion-savvy seniors flaunt 'Advanced Style'
- Praise rolls in for gay NBA player Jason Collins
- Generation Why: March 29
- Prominent Canadians bid farewell to Ralph Klein on Twitter
- Ralph Klein: Share your condolences
- Vera Wang ditches $500 'try-on' fee in China following global outcry
- Live Online replay: The star power of pandas
- B.C. ad evokes Amanda Todd to warn against 'just one photo'
- 'Stop rape' dislodging 'stay safe' advice on social media
- Brands support same-sex marriage in U.S. debate
- 'Rent a Mourner' fills your funeral with fake friends
- Ogooglebar! Sweden's spat with Google inspires 'ungoogleable' fun
- REPLAY Pope Benedict resigns: What's next for the Catholic church?
- Russian 'ghost' ship has Twitter intrigued
- Beijing woman's dummy tummy stunt on Subway causes outrage
- CPC, Wildrose, CBC line up to cut ties to Flanagan
- Vote for our February photo contest winner
- Married couple sought for millionaire's Mars mission
- Boeing's bid to replace CF-18s gets CBCNews.ca readers talking
- Vatican scrubs @pontifex Twitter account
- Rosa Parks statue unveiled on Capitol Hill
- Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel in feud over Duck Dynasty
- Opposites attract: Tell us your unlikely love story
- Youth for hire: employing 'Generation Jobless'
- Fired HMV employees take over Twitter account
- Toronto company puts your head on a Pez dispenser
- Perfume for babies released by Dolce & Gabbana
- U.S. man shot in driveway mix-up mourned online
- World reacts to new Blackberry phones, Alicia Keys hire
- Will BlackBerry 10 turn things around for the company?
- Is Volkswagen's new Super Bowl Commercial racist?
- Graphic porn invades Twitter's Vine app
- July (131)