Top 5 at 5: Health stories
Each day, we bring you a list of Top 5 stories. Sometimes they're the most read stories of the day, other times we focus on a specific region or category.
Today, we bring you the top stories from the health page.
1. Nicotine patches of little use to smokers, study says
Nicotine replacement therapy, including patches and gum, don't seem to help people quit smoking in the long-term, researchers say.
2. Medical report cards go to 10th graders
A high school in New Brunswick hopes medical report cards will help prevent heart disease and other life-threatening health problems among its students.
3. Ottawa clinic infection lapse report released
An investigation into an infection control lapse at a private Ottawa clinic has so far turned up no links between the lapse and cases of hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV.
4. Pill mixup includes painkillers
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning about a potential mixup between powerful prescription pain drugs and over-the-counter medications such as Excedrin and Gas-X manufactured at a Novartis plant.
5. Mild winter unleashes allergies in January
For people who suffer from seasonal allergies, this Manitoba winter isn't bringing any relief.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2013 (747)
- Barnaby Jack mourned by fellow hackers, friends, fans
- Pakistani TV show hands out babies in Ramadan ratings battle
- Weiner scandal sparks 'sexting' debate
- Russia's anti-gay laws prompt vodka, Olympics boycott
- Automated bots reserve tables at restaurants before you can
- Japanese teens sell ad space on thighs
- Is Google Chromecast the future of TV?
- Vaccine denier Jenny McCarthy pick as View host worries experts
- Pope Francis becomes cellphone celebrity in Brazil
- Jane Austen to be the new face of the £10 note
- Great Canadians Near You: Jeremy Dias
- Party hats top surveillance cameras for George Orwell's birthday
- Google recruits Street View mapping volunteers
- New Yorker recruits Bert and Ernie to celebrate same-sex marriage ruling
- '3-parent' fertility treatments sparks reader debate
- School kids correct celebrity grammar mistakes on Twitter
- Calgary's kids create adorable thank-you notes for volunteers
- Wendy Davis pink trainers sell big online
- June photo contest: How do you start your morning?
- Do you think the Queen deserves a raise?
- Generation Why says farewell for now
- 'Prancercise' founder sashays across the web
- Readers debate merits of anti-bullying video depicting suicide
- Fired Mayor Ford chief of staff laughs it up on Twitter
- Amish teens on Rumspringa rush for Facebook
- Grumpy Cat goes from meme to movie star
- CBCNews.ca readers react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Facebook to crack down on gender-based hate following outcry
- Bank of Canada cries fraud on $90K 'Duffy buck' cartoon
- Canadians react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Illegal wildlife trade thrives on the 'dark web'
- Stanford students seek bone marrow match for beloved professor
- Google Glass user's shower photo freaks out internet
- Canada's new polymer notes get orbital boost
- Inmates use Yelp to review prison conditions
- Canadians react to foreign worker program changes
- VOTE: April Photo Contest Finalists
- Alberta public employees, government tweet across the picket line
- Fashion-savvy seniors flaunt 'Advanced Style'
- Praise rolls in for gay NBA player Jason Collins
- Generation Why: March 29
- Prominent Canadians bid farewell to Ralph Klein on Twitter
- Ralph Klein: Share your condolences
- Vera Wang ditches $500 'try-on' fee in China following global outcry
- Live Online replay: The star power of pandas
- B.C. ad evokes Amanda Todd to warn against 'just one photo'
- 'Stop rape' dislodging 'stay safe' advice on social media
- Brands support same-sex marriage in U.S. debate
- 'Rent a Mourner' fills your funeral with fake friends
- Ogooglebar! Sweden's spat with Google inspires 'ungoogleable' fun
- REPLAY Pope Benedict resigns: What's next for the Catholic church?
- Russian 'ghost' ship has Twitter intrigued
- Beijing woman's dummy tummy stunt on Subway causes outrage
- CPC, Wildrose, CBC line up to cut ties to Flanagan
- Vote for our February photo contest winner
- Married couple sought for millionaire's Mars mission
- Boeing's bid to replace CF-18s gets CBCNews.ca readers talking
- Vatican scrubs @pontifex Twitter account
- Rosa Parks statue unveiled on Capitol Hill
- Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel in feud over Duck Dynasty
- Opposites attract: Tell us your unlikely love story
- Youth for hire: employing 'Generation Jobless'
- Fired HMV employees take over Twitter account
- Toronto company puts your head on a Pez dispenser
- Perfume for babies released by Dolce & Gabbana
- U.S. man shot in driveway mix-up mourned online
- World reacts to new Blackberry phones, Alicia Keys hire
- Will BlackBerry 10 turn things around for the company?
- Is Volkswagen's new Super Bowl Commercial racist?
- Graphic porn invades Twitter's Vine app
- July (131)