Your royal encounters of yesteryear
We asked you to send in photos of your royal encounters, and you sent us some wonderful images spanning the decades of royal visits to Canada, and Canadians visiting the U.K.
Check out some of the remarkable pictures in the gallery above.
You also shared memorable stories and some of your favourite anecdotes.
Read some of your royal encounters below!
Salam Kahil shares, "In 1986 I met princess Diana and prince Charles at Christ Church cathedral on Georgia St in Vancouver. As a matter of fact I still have the Church program for that service. Hoping to meet the children someday."
Linda Harrison remembers an interesting chance encounter with Queen Elizabeth!
"When I was a young child living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, I was visiting my grandparents at their home on Borebank Avenue. I was playing outside in the front yard with my cousins and aunt and uncle. To our great surprise a large black automobile drove by very slowly directly in front of my grandparents' house and we could clearly see Princess Elizabeth and Prince Phillip in the back seat ... Their driver and assistant clearly were studying a map and it was apparent they were completely lost."
Betty Buley of Summerside, P.E.I., recounts a memorable encounter with the Duke and Duchess of York many years ago.
"As a member of the Summerside Community Choir, I had the great honour of performing on stage for the Duke and Duchess of York, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson on July 17th, 1989 ... It was very exciting to sing 'The Island Hymn' for them ...
It was all very memorable," she shares.
Denise Weigum wrote to us about Prince Charles and Lady Diana's visit to New Brunswick in 1983.
"Several of my friends and I gathered in front of the church they were to attend at 11:00 a.m. We waited from 4:30 in the morning in the rain until they exited the church. They walked to greet the crowd and we were up front and had the opportunity to get some great pictures," wrote Denise.
Donna Parker of Charlottetown, P.E.I. remembers her husband's meeting with Prince Charles.
"We were there with our two small children, who were most thrilled to see Britannia, the royal yacht," wrote Donna.
"My husband, Rick, shook hands with Prince Charles ... He also had a 'several sentences' conversation with him, but can only recall it being about the weather," she added.
Jennifer Gibson remembers with glee, the time she met Princess Diana in Kingston, Ont.
"In 1991, I travelled by myself on the train from Oshawa, Ont., to Kingston to meet with some of my aunts, to line up to see Princess Diana, Prince Charles and the boys. It was such an exciting trip and I will remember it forever," she wrote.
Jena Leung wrote to tell us about her Canada Day meeting with the Queen in 2004, not in Canada, but in the U.K.
Share your story with us today. We're looking for your photos, videos and stories of your encounter.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2013 (747)
- Barnaby Jack mourned by fellow hackers, friends, fans
- Pakistani TV show hands out babies in Ramadan ratings battle
- Weiner scandal sparks 'sexting' debate
- Russia's anti-gay laws prompt vodka, Olympics boycott
- Automated bots reserve tables at restaurants before you can
- Japanese teens sell ad space on thighs
- Is Google Chromecast the future of TV?
- Vaccine denier Jenny McCarthy pick as View host worries experts
- Pope Francis becomes cellphone celebrity in Brazil
- Jane Austen to be the new face of the £10 note
- Great Canadians Near You: Jeremy Dias
- Party hats top surveillance cameras for George Orwell's birthday
- Google recruits Street View mapping volunteers
- New Yorker recruits Bert and Ernie to celebrate same-sex marriage ruling
- '3-parent' fertility treatments sparks reader debate
- School kids correct celebrity grammar mistakes on Twitter
- Calgary's kids create adorable thank-you notes for volunteers
- Wendy Davis pink trainers sell big online
- June photo contest: How do you start your morning?
- Do you think the Queen deserves a raise?
- Generation Why says farewell for now
- 'Prancercise' founder sashays across the web
- Readers debate merits of anti-bullying video depicting suicide
- Fired Mayor Ford chief of staff laughs it up on Twitter
- Amish teens on Rumspringa rush for Facebook
- Grumpy Cat goes from meme to movie star
- CBCNews.ca readers react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Facebook to crack down on gender-based hate following outcry
- Bank of Canada cries fraud on $90K 'Duffy buck' cartoon
- Canadians react to the death of Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Illegal wildlife trade thrives on the 'dark web'
- Stanford students seek bone marrow match for beloved professor
- Google Glass user's shower photo freaks out internet
- Canada's new polymer notes get orbital boost
- Inmates use Yelp to review prison conditions
- Canadians react to foreign worker program changes
- VOTE: April Photo Contest Finalists
- Alberta public employees, government tweet across the picket line
- Fashion-savvy seniors flaunt 'Advanced Style'
- Praise rolls in for gay NBA player Jason Collins
- Generation Why: March 29
- Prominent Canadians bid farewell to Ralph Klein on Twitter
- Ralph Klein: Share your condolences
- Vera Wang ditches $500 'try-on' fee in China following global outcry
- Live Online replay: The star power of pandas
- B.C. ad evokes Amanda Todd to warn against 'just one photo'
- 'Stop rape' dislodging 'stay safe' advice on social media
- Brands support same-sex marriage in U.S. debate
- 'Rent a Mourner' fills your funeral with fake friends
- Ogooglebar! Sweden's spat with Google inspires 'ungoogleable' fun
- REPLAY Pope Benedict resigns: What's next for the Catholic church?
- Russian 'ghost' ship has Twitter intrigued
- Beijing woman's dummy tummy stunt on Subway causes outrage
- CPC, Wildrose, CBC line up to cut ties to Flanagan
- Vote for our February photo contest winner
- Married couple sought for millionaire's Mars mission
- Boeing's bid to replace CF-18s gets CBCNews.ca readers talking
- Vatican scrubs @pontifex Twitter account
- Rosa Parks statue unveiled on Capitol Hill
- Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel in feud over Duck Dynasty
- Opposites attract: Tell us your unlikely love story
- Youth for hire: employing 'Generation Jobless'
- Fired HMV employees take over Twitter account
- Toronto company puts your head on a Pez dispenser
- Perfume for babies released by Dolce & Gabbana
- U.S. man shot in driveway mix-up mourned online
- World reacts to new Blackberry phones, Alicia Keys hire
- Will BlackBerry 10 turn things around for the company?
- Is Volkswagen's new Super Bowl Commercial racist?
- Graphic porn invades Twitter's Vine app
- July (131)