It's been 10 months since the first cases of Ebola surfaced in west Africa yet few Western journalists have ventured to the stricken zones to cover this dangerous story. By mid-August we decided that reporting from afar wasn't enough. But establishing effective safety protocols and a workable coverage plan was complex - so much so, that last night was Adrienne Arsenault's first report from the region.
Tags: Story Behind the Story
You be the judge. Here's how it was done.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- No clear end to financial uncertainty after Brexit vote: Don Pittis
- Experts predicted a clear Brexit decision would clear the air and put markets back on track. Maybe so if the vote had been for Britain to remain in the European Union. But the vote to leave means uncertainty could continue to roil financial markets for months or years to come, Don Pittis writes. more »
- In the U.S., same-sex marriage a milestone, not the finish line
- Love knows no borders — except, it seems, in 32 states in America. A year after a June 26, 2015 Supreme Court ruling granted marriage equality nationwide, same-sex couples have not shaken the last vestiges of discrimination. more »
- Royal Bank sparks backlash with fee hikes in the Caribbean
- Some RBC Caribbean customers are so upset over new monthly bank account charges, they lined up for hours to close their accounts. The fees come at a time when the bank is enjoying multi-billion dollar profits. more »
- Pathologist found that Nadine Machiskinic likely didn't go down laundry chute 'on her own'
- An autopsy report into the death of Nadine Machiskinic concluded she was severely intoxicated due to a cocktail of drugs in her system, which “would make it unlikely that she would have been able to climb into a laundry chute on her own.” more »
- Are these funerals gross or 'green'? The Marketplace consumer cheat sheet
- Miss something this week? Don't panic. CBC's Marketplace has rounded up the consumer and health news you need. more »
- 2015 (7)
- June (3)
- March (2)
- January (2)