It's been 10 months since the first cases of Ebola surfaced in west Africa yet few Western journalists have ventured to the stricken zones to cover this dangerous story. By mid-August we decided that reporting from afar wasn't enough. But establishing effective safety protocols and a workable coverage plan was complex - so much so, that last night was Adrienne Arsenault's first report from the region.
Tags: Story Behind the Story
You be the judge. Here's how it was done.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Oscar nominations show greater diversity, but no triumph of inclusion
- Seven of the 20 Oscar acting nominees are people of colour, while a movie about a young black man grappling with his identity and sexuality is a top contender. But is this year's batch of nominations a Hollywood triumph of inclusivity? Not so fast. more »
- Trudeau welcomes Trump's Keystone XL decision
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is strongly in favour of Donald Trump's decision to green-light the Keystone XL pipeline project, a move he says will be a boon for Canadian jobs and government coffers, and help a hobbled Alberta recover from the steep decline in oil prices. more »
- Telus releases Hamilton woman's cellphone information to her stalker
- A Hamilton woman says Telus violated her privacy and put her family in grave danger by allowing her stalker to access her cellphone account without her consent. more »
- Nature sculpts 'ethereal' 3-metre-high icescapes on Lake Winnipeg shores
- Crystalline three-metre-tall ice formations are drawing crowds of visitors to the shores of Winnipeg Beach, Man., this January. more »
- 2014 visit to Aga Khan's island was also by private helicopter, Trudeau says
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he went to the Aga Khan's private island in the Bahamas during Christmas 2014, when he was an MP and leader of the Liberal Party, travelling there on the wealthy philanthropist's private helicopter. more »
- 2015 (7)
- June (3)
- March (2)
- January (2)