You'll see something a little different today on our website - we're dedicating a section to opinion columns. The goal is to give our audience a destination for intelligent, provocative debate and commentary on the issues of the day. To do so, we'll be calling on a diverse range of contributors - most of them freelancers.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Oscar nominations show greater diversity, but no triumph of inclusion
- Seven of the 20 Oscar acting nominees are people of colour, while a movie about a young black man grappling with his identity and sexuality is a top contender. But is this year's batch of nominations a Hollywood triumph of inclusivity? Not so fast. more »
- Telus releases Hamilton woman's cellphone information to her stalker
- A Hamilton woman says Telus violated her privacy and put her family in grave danger by allowing her stalker to access her cellphone account without her consent. more »
- Nature sculpts 'ethereal' 3-metre-high icescapes on Lake Winnipeg shores
- Crystalline three-metre-tall ice formations are drawing crowds of visitors to the shores of Winnipeg Beach, Man., this January. more »
- Trudeau welcomes Trump's Keystone XL decision
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is strongly in favour of Donald Trump's decision to green-light the Keystone XL pipeline project, a move he says will be a boon for Canadian jobs and government coffers, and help a hobbled Alberta recover from the steep decline in oil prices. more »
- Ocean Man oil spill odour detected a week ago, chief says
- Ocean Man First Nation Chief Connie Big Eagle says a member of the band, who has worked in the oil industry most of his adult life, had been smelling a strange odour for approximately a week. An oil spill was discovered on Friday, the provincial government announced yesterday. more »