Today we made the difficult decision to temporarily close comments on stories about indigenous people. We hope to reopen them in mid-January after we've had some time to review how these comments are moderated and to provide more detailed guidance to our moderators.I want to explain our rationale for taking this unusual step.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Jian Ghomeshi trial: Judge to rule on Crown's plan to call 4th witness
- Judge William Horkins will rule on whether to allow a fourth Crown witness in the Jian Ghomeshi case this morning, after the prosecution argued that it wanted to call more evidence to corroborate Lucy DeCoutere's testimony at the Ontario Court of Justice last week. more »
- Dion Phaneuf traded to Senators in 9-player deal
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded high-priced defenceman Dion Phaneuf to the Ottawa Senators as part of a massive deal involving nine players and a draft pick announced Tuesday. more »
- Syrian peace talks: War-weary refugees say they're not interested in empty promises
- With thousands of people fleeing Syria each week, UN-led negotiations aimed at ending the country's five-year civil war broke down this month. Though the talks are set to resume in a few weeks, many war-weary refugees in Canada say they're ready to move on. more »
- Donald Trump plows through New Hampshire as rivals vie for second
- New Hampshire primary day has finally arrived and Republican Donald Trump is hoping its voters won't let him down after his loss in Iowa. His rivals, meanwhile, are in a fierce fight for second place to winnow the pack. more »
- CBC Forum: Does your mortgage keep you awake at night?
- Some Albertans are walking away from their mortgages by putting their keys in the mail and sending them to the bank — a phenomenon known as jingle mail. Does your mortgage keep you awake at night? What would make you send your house keys to the bank? Weigh in via CBC Forum. more »
- 2015 (11)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- June (3)
- March (2)
- January (2)