Before that award-winning story appears on your smartphone, radio or TV, CBC journalists have discussed, deliberated and debated the best way to tell our stories to Canadians. In journalism, the answers are rarely clear-cut and it's not an easy process. But it is always a fascinating one, and we want to share it with you. That's the motivation behind the event being held on Friday, Sept. 30: CBC Asks: Getting The Real Story - How do we do it?
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- 'I can't go down without a fight': B.C. woman denied recognition as thalidomide survivor
- Joanne Jenkins was born with deformed hands, but the federal government wants proof from a doctor long since deceased that her birth mother took the drug thalidomide. more »
- Creep Catcher vigilantes accused of threatening women who question group's tactics
- Two women say they've been threatened by members of the Creep Catcher vigilante group because they spoke out about the network of self-styled pedophile-hunters. more »
- What Chanie Wenjack's sister wants from Gord Downie's Secret Path
- Fifty years after Chanie Wenjack's tragic death while running away from residential school, his sister says it's time every First Nation had its own school. more »
- EU sets Belgium Monday deadline to back CETA
- The European Union has given Belgium's federal government until late on Monday to secure backing for an EU-Canada trade deal from the region of Wallonia or a planned summit to sign the pact will be cancelled, an EU source said on Sunday. more »