CBC has heard from a number of Canadians concerned about our commenting space, the use of pseudonyms, and some audience submissions that violated our guidelines around hate speech, particularly with respect to the francophone community in New Brunswick.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Hillary Clinton delivers Democratic nomination speech tonight
- The former president's wife, U.S. senator and secretary of state will step out of the shadows of presidents past and present on Thursday for her chance to persuade Americans that she is the best choice to helm a nation looking for a new era of leadership. more »
- 'The parasite is slowly taking over the host': Some Republicans flee Trump, back Clinton
- Ricardo Reyes, a life-long Republican, has a new goal: To stop Donald Trump, his party's presidential nominee, from winning the November election. more »
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot. more »
- International student, 23, killed as SUV crashes into Granville Island store
- A 23-year-old international student is dead and two people are injured after they were struck by an SUV that crashed through a store wall on Granville Island in Vancouver. more »