Before that award-winning story appears on your smartphone, radio or TV, CBC journalists have discussed, deliberated and debated the best way to tell our stories to Canadians. In journalism, the answers are rarely clear-cut and it's not an easy process. But it is always a fascinating one, and we want to share it with you. That's the motivation behind the event being held on Friday, Sept. 30: CBC Asks: Getting The Real Story - How do we do it?
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- 120 investors likely lost $9M in syndicated mortgages tied to convicted fraudster
- More than 120 people from the Greater Toronto Area's Chinese community have likely lost nearly $9 million in syndicated mortgage investments solicited by someone they trusted and who then loaned the money to a convicted fraudster, a CBC News investigation has found. more »
- 'A terrible life, full of violence': Toddler died from head trauma, Edmonton police say
- Edmonton police have charged a 19-month-old boy's father and his girlfriend with second-degree murder after the toddler's body was found outside a north Edmonton church on Friday. more »
- Canadian investors look to L.A., where some celeb homes rival inner-city Toronto prices
- As if housing market prices in Toronto aren't discouraging enough, a celebrity pad in Los Angeles can be comparable in price to some homes in the downtown core, so some Canadians are looking to purchase homes in Tinseltown. more »
- Why the Canada Revenue Agency is using this simple tactic to get you to pay your taxes
- The Canada Revenue Agency says it's begun using carefully crafted messages as a way of increasing the likelihood that people who owe taxes will pay up. more »
- Calgary mother hopes photo of dying son will deter others from doing fentanyl
- A Calgary mother is hoping a photo of her lying on a hospital bed with her dying son will help steer others away from using the deadly drug fentanyl. more »