CBC has heard from a number of Canadians concerned about our commenting space, the use of pseudonyms, and some audience submissions that violated our guidelines around hate speech, particularly with respect to the francophone community in New Brunswick.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Federal government backs move to liberalize flow of alcohol between provinces
- The federal government has reacted to a landmark court case in New Brunswick on inter-provincial trade barriers by backing the spirit of the decision and committing to a "comprehensive renewal" of the agreement that governs trade across provincial borders. more »
- Air Canada backs down on $40 fee to seat child with parent
- A leading air passenger rights advocate says he was shocked to read that Air Canada refused to guarantee a toddler a seat next to her parents unless a $40 fee was paid. more »
- Bank of Canada announces short list of women being considered for bank note
- The Bank of Canada has announced the short list of 12 iconic Canadian women who could be featured on the first in a new series of bank notes expected in 2018. more »
- Toronto police arrest 1 in alleged gang-related kidnapping
- One man has been arrested in connection with an investigation into what Toronto police are calling a “gang war kidnapping.” However, two high-profile suspects remain on the loose. more »
- Bottle found on Nova Scotia beach has a message, human ashes, and money for a drink
- Plans are underway to fulfil the wishes of the late Gary Robert Dupuis after the mystery man's ashes washed up on the shores of Cape Breton inside a tequila bottle — its apparent first stop on an attempted world tour. more »