Before that award-winning story appears on your smartphone, radio or TV, CBC journalists have discussed, deliberated and debated the best way to tell our stories to Canadians. In journalism, the answers are rarely clear-cut and it's not an easy process. But it is always a fascinating one, and we want to share it with you. That's the motivation behind the event being held on Friday, Sept. 30: CBC Asks: Getting The Real Story - How do we do it?
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Donations pour into Planned Parenthood thanks to Mike Pence
- Donations to Planned Parenthood surged in the month since the U.S. election as supporters of the health care and abortion provider try to make a point — many of them making their donations in the name of incoming vice-president Mike Pence. more »
- Identities of 2 Quebec men who fought in Syria revealed
- A group of young Quebecers secretly joined the thousands of foreigners in Syria to fight against the Bashar al-Assad regime and are now suspected of committing terrorist acts. An investigation by Radio-Canada's Enquête has uncovered their identities. more »
- Hatchimals: this year's Christmas blockbuster toy — and a Canadian innovation
- Spin Master is the Canadian toy company behind this year's international Christmas craze, Hatchimals. Although little-known outside business circles, the company is a Canadian success story now worth $3.5 billion. more »
- Airbus chosen to build Canada's new search planes, ending 12-year procurement odyssey
- The Liberal government has chosen the Airbus C-295 transport as the country's next fixed-wing search-and-rescue plane. CBC News is livestreaming the $2.4 billion procurement announcement from CFB Trenton. more »