CBC has heard from a number of Canadians concerned about our commenting space, the use of pseudonyms, and some audience submissions that violated our guidelines around hate speech, particularly with respect to the francophone community in New Brunswick.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Trump outlines hardline position on illegal immigration in speech
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed on Wednesday that anyone who is in the United States illegally would be subject to deportation if he is elected, stressing his hardline position after flirting with a softer approach. more »
- 'He was just trying to brag,' says Toronto cop who went after CRA scammer
- Like many Canadians, Toronto police officer Keith Tauro recently got a voicemail message, part of an ongoing scam, saying he owed the government money. He decided to call the scammer back — and convinced the man at the other end of the phone to tell him just how his operation works. more »
- Health Canada cracking down on chemicals used to make fentanyl
- As the country grapples with a growing number of opioid-related deaths, Health Canada is making six chemicals used in the production of the potent drug fentanyl illegal. more »
- Andrea Giesbrecht trial: Husband says wife wore 'boring' clothing
- The trial of Andrea Giesbrecht, who is accused of concealing the remains of six infants in a Winnipeg storage locker, will hear closing arguments on Friday after the final witness — her husband — finished testifying today. more »
- Accused in crossbow killings robbed banks after racking up debt in romantic relationships
- The man charged with killing his mother and two brothers in the so-called crossbow slayings turned to robbing banks in 2009 to pay more than $60,000 in debts he'd largely accrued in two romantic relationships, according to parole and bankruptcy documents. more »