Before that award-winning story appears on your smartphone, radio or TV, CBC journalists have discussed, deliberated and debated the best way to tell our stories to Canadians. In journalism, the answers are rarely clear-cut and it's not an easy process. But it is always a fascinating one, and we want to share it with you. That's the motivation behind the event being held on Friday, Sept. 30: CBC Asks: Getting The Real Story - How do we do it?
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- La La Land crowned best picture at the Oscars
- La La Land started Oscar night as the movie to beat and, towards the latter end of the broadcast, the contemporary romance and ode to Hollywood musicals dominated the Academy Awards. more »
- 'It's nerve-racking': Life on the Quebec border in Trump's America
- A quiet road in Champlain, N.Y., bordering Quebec has become a key passageway for asylum seekers making their way into Canada. more »
- Sunrise Records takes over 70 HMV locations in malls
- Seventy HMV locations set to close will operate as Sunrise Records, as the Toronto company takes on the music store leases. more »
- High rent could make Toronto a 'generational ghost town'
- Young people across the income spectrum who would like to build lives in Toronto are choosing to leave rather than pay the city’s ever-increasing rents. more »