Category: Arts & Entertainment
Who knew so many people in Saskatoon get up so early?
At the Open House CBC Saskatchewan held Thursday morning to celebrate the on-air launch of Saskatoon Morning, the first 50 free coffee mugs were gone by 6:20 a.m. And then it got busy.
About the Blog
CBC News is committed to accountability and transparency. Jennifer McGuire, General Manager and Editor in Chief of CBC News and other senior leaders contribute to material in this space.
CBC News on Twitter
Jennifer McGuire on Twitter
Top News Headlines
- Stephen Harper to announce Canada's combat role in ISIS fight Friday
- The federal government will announce on Friday the combat role Canada will play in the fight against ISIS, a day before the current 30-day mission ends, and Prime Minister Stephen Harper is ready to make the case for sending CF-18s, CBC News has learned. more »
- Hong Kong protests: Communist Party fully behind HK leader, police
- China warned of "chaos" and threw its weight behind Hong Kong's embattled leader in his face-off with pro-democracy protesters who have threatened to occupy government offices unless he steps down by the end of Thursday. more »
- Lena Dunham calls secrecy 'destructive'
- Lena Dunham's highly-anticipated book, Not That Kind of Girl, is out. The outspoken creator of Girls talks about keeping secrets and being a young woman with Q host Jian Ghomeshi. more »
- 10 top places to grow old
- Here's a look at the top 10 countries with the highest level of well-being for older people, according to the Global AgeWatch Index, released Sept 30, 2014. HelpAge International’s Global AgeWatch Index measures the social and economic welfare of those over 60. more »
- Ebola patient in U.S. told hospital he was from Liberia
- The first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S. initially went to a Dallas emergency room last week but was sent home, even after telling a nurse that he had been in disease-ravaged West Africa, the hospital says. more »
- 2014 (29)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- July (1)
- June (7)
- May (4)
- April (3)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- January (5)