The music industry is undoubtedly reeling today, over news that famed music publisher Don Kirshner died yesterday at the age of 76. Though Kirshner made a name for himself first as a jingle-writer, and much later as the host of the TV show Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, he'll be forever linked in my mind to the Brill Building, the New York office space where members of his songwriting stable cranked out chart-topping hits for the most popular acts of the day.
About the Blog
CBC's arts and entertainment reporters give you an insiders' view of arts and popular culture in "The Buzz". We connect readers to the hottest viral videos, music, people and trends.
About the Authors
Other The Buzz Entries
- 2014 (16)
- March (4)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)