3D Charlie Brown and Snoopy debut in Peanuts teaser trailer
Though Hollywood's proclivity toward remakes, reboots and revisiting popular pop culture of the past typically incites eye-rolling, it's hard to deny the frisson that arises when hearing the first few bars of Vince Guaraldi's iconic Charlie Brown Theme in the new teaser trailer for the upcoming Peanuts 3D film.
Released Tuesday, the teaser video delivers just 60 seconds of Charlie Brown and the lovably kooky Snoopy in 3D CGI, but the snippet has already galvanized fans of Charles Schultz's beloved characters (and riled some 2D cartoon purists).
Slated to hit theatres in November 2015, the film (created by the studio behind animated hit Ice Age) will arrive in time to mark the 65th anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip and the 50th anniversary of the holiday TV classic A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Shultz's family has been protective of the cartoonist's legacy and his Peanuts gang, who have largely been seen only in comic strips, a few MetLife commercials and in reruns of past TV specials and films.
This time, however, his son Craig and grandson Bryan are part of the producer team on the upcoming film.
"The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right," Craig Schultz told USA Today.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to a 3D Peanuts movie?
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (16)
- March (4)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)