Paul Walker honoured with Fast & Furious video tribute
(Mobile users: Click here for video)
As actor Paul Walker's fans continue to gather daily in tribute at the California crash site where he died on the weekend, the studio behind the blockbuster Fast & Furious series has offered its own emotional homage to the star with a video montage from the films.
Since posting A Tribute to Paul Walker on its dedicated Fast & Furious YouTube channel on Wednesday evening, Universal's in-memoriam tribute has rocketed past 1.5 million views.
Set to the popular P.Diddy-Skylar Grey track Coming Home, the video features upbeat and emotional scenes from various Fast and Furious films and highlight scenes of Walker's character, former undercover cop-turned-street racer Brian O'Conner.
"The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room right now. Salute, mi familia," co-star Vin Diesel's Dominic Toretto offers as a toast in the video, which revolves around the themes of home, friends and family.
In a message accompanying the video, Walker's family expresses appreciation to fans for their "outpouring of love and goodwill."
In lieu of flowers or gifts, the family also urged fans to make a donation to Reach Out Worldwide, the international charity that Walker established after participating in relief efforts following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and being inspired by the work of first responders.
On Wednesday, L.A. County coroner officials confirmed that Walker and his friend and business partner Roger Rodas died in Saturday's fiery crash in Valencia, Calif.
Rodas, who was driving the Porsche Carrera GT in which the men were found dead, died of "multiple traumatic injuries" from the single-vehicle crash, while Walker died of the "combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries."
Also on Wednesday, Universal announced it has shut down production on the upcoming seventh Fast & Furious instalment indefinitely. The film, which began production in September, had been on the fast track for a July 2014 release.
More entries for category: Movies
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)