Patrick Stewart marries jazz singer Sunny Ozell
Actor Patrick Stewart, left, and Sunny Ozell attend the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner at the Washington Hilton Hotel in April. The couple married over the weekend. (Carolyn Kaster/Associated Press)
Actor Patrick Stewart and his girlfriend, jazz singer Sunny Ozell, got married over the weekend in a private ceremony.
Stewart, 73, made the formal announcement on Twitter with the simple message, "Yes, married," accompanied by a picture of him and Ozell, 35, with their heads sticking out of a ball pit.
Yes, married. pic.twitter.com/ZSMnpluSeL-- Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) September 8, 2013
It's a play on his previous Twitter profile picture which had a Stewart's lone head sticking out of (presumably) the same ball pit.
Actor Ian McKellen, Stewart's longtime friend and X-Men co-star, officiated the marriage. He posted a picture of himself on his Facebook page, holding a t-shirt with the word "Minister" on it and his Doctor of Divinity certificate, with the caption, "I did my part."
McKellen revealed the two's engagement in March when he said that he would be officiating the ceremony on the U.K.'s Jonathan Ross Show.
Stewart and Ozell have been dating for about five years after they met in 2008 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
This is Stewart's third marriage. He has two children from his marriage to Sheila Falconer. His son Daniel appeared alongside him in the fan-favourite episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "The Inner Light."
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)