We might be five months away from Christmas, but David O. Russell is offering a peek at a holiday treat coming to movie theatres this December: a first-look at his next star-studded release, American Hustle.
The interwebs have been buzzing about the pitch-perfect look of the '70s-era caper flick/drama starring a handful of his recent Oscar-worthy collaborators: the brilliant Christian Bale and Amy Adams from The Fighter and Silver Lining Playbook's duo, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. Throw in Jeremy Renner, plus the so-far unseen (in this initial trailer, at least) Robert De Niro and, well, wow! It's some cast. Oscars voters, start your engines.
Though American Hustle is inspired by the late 1970s-early 1980s Abscam undercover operation to root out corruption in the U.S. Congress, the fledgling trailer doesn't delve deep into the plot. Instead, viewers are treated to classic Zeppelin and some major style -- wild and sweaty '70s fashions (all plunging necklines and pointed collars), curl-tastic hairstyles (like Cooper's much-discussed perm) and a ton of serious attitude.
Check it out in the video above. What do you think? Personally, I can't wait.
American Hustle opens in limited release in mid-December and wide release on Dec. 25.
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (16)
- March (4)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)