Kristin Chenoweth fan steals the show in impromptu duet
An audience member at a Kristin Chenoweth concert brought the house down during an impromptu duet with the former Wicked star - with far better consequences than the last time a house fell in The Wizard of Oz.
Singer Kristin Chenoweth asked her fans in attendance at the Hollywood Bowl Friday night if anyone knew her song For Good from the Broadway musical Wicked. Chenoweth earned fame in the musical for her role as Glinda the Good Witch in 2003.
Chenoweth chose a fan named Sarah Horn, who joined the Broadway star on stage and then proceeded to shock everyone in attendance - including Chenoweth - with her voice.
It turns out Horn is a voice teacher and long-time Broadway fan. She put her skills and fandom to good use, belting out tunes to the rapturous audience.
"Oh sing it, sing it!" Chenoweth says as Horn takes the reins to the cheers of the audience. The two then sing together, prompting Chenoweth to exclaim, "Holy crap, harmony!"
Horn bowed to the crowd before leaving the stage.
"Note to self, don't have anyone better than you up here," Chenoweth joked afterwards. "That was so inspiring."
Horn described the evening in an article for Broadway World. "The experience was so surreal," she wrote. "I know I will wake up thinking it was all a dream but then I'll see the pictures and the video and realize that it was really real."
Videos taken by other members of the audience have since accumulated more than a million views. Horn spoke about how the stole the show to several U.S. morning television programs.
Chenoweth isn't the first singer to be floored by audience members brought to the stage for a duet. In 2010, 15-year-old Sam Holyman upstaged Michael Bublé with his cover of Feeling Good. Bublé was prompted by Holyman's insistent mother that her son was a talented singer. A reluctant Bublé was visibly blown away by Sam's performance.
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)