Justin Timberlake's musical comeback
It's been nearly seven years since Justin Timberlake brought the SexyBack, but the former Mouseketeer and boy band alum has been making the rounds and lining up a few major gigs next month to launch his long-awaited new album.
Having spent time on his fashion label, growing acting career and love life for the past few years, Timberlake is returning to music with The 20/20 Experience, his third solo album dropping on March 19.
He offered an uberstylish (Tom Ford!) taste of his upcoming release earlier this month when he unveiled its retro-flavoured debut track Suit and Tie. Timberlake was then announced as one of the performers set to take the stage as part of this weekend's Super Bowl festivities. (At a private Saturday event, not Sunday's mainstage, of course. Don't forget we have J.T. — in part — to thank for the term "wardrobe malfunction.")
On Wednesday, Grammy organizers also announced that Timberlake will join the already starry list of performers set to grace the glitzy Grammy stage on Feb. 10.
While his threads have been fly, his lady a looker and his acting roles ...admirable, I'd much rather hear from Timberlake, the singer-songwriter (he could also be considered for Saturday Night Live Hall of Fame status for his brilliant, albeit sometimes naughty, appearances).
J.T. was the funkiest part of N'Sync and his solo music has undeniably been danceable fun. Fingers crossed for his musical comeback.
Justin Timberlake, seen at the SAG Awards on January 27, has been making the rounds to promote his upcoming new album, his first in nearly seven years. (Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)