A spunky troupe from the hematology oncology floor of Seattle Children's Hospital sing, dance and strut in the new viral video set to the chart-topping Texan's latest pop anthem, Stronger.
The uplifting video was the brainchild of 22-year-old leukemia patient Chris Rumble, a self-described "big brother" to other youngsters at the hospital.
Posted on May 6, the video has -- as of midday Monday -- racked up nearly 1.6 million views on YouTube. It also made it onto Clarkson's radar.
"It made my day. I know it's making everybody else's day online," Clarkson told the Seattle group in a message posted online Friday. "I just can't wait to meet you."
The video brings a different interpretation and touching nuance to the lyrics of Clarkson's undeniably catchy song and it's definitely a heart-warming way to kick off the week.
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (16)
- March (4)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)