Jessica Paré turns chanteuse for Mad Men
Two cultural touchstones from this weekend's Mad Men debut - the first is a twist on the hit series' titles with Barack Obama filling in for the falling man. It was created for weekend news magazine The Chris Matthews Show. Megan's song for Don Draper. (Lionsgate/AMC) The second is Canadian actress Jessica Paré's version of Zou Bisou Bisou, which was a 1961 hit for the British singer and actress Gillian Hills (later to appear in Blow-Up) and may have been originally performed by Sophia Loren. Paré's erotically charged rendition of the song, performed as a birthday gift to Don Draper (Jon Hamm), her new husband on the show, is so eye-catching it was burning up Twitter on Monday. It is sold on iTunes and on the AMC website. The rough translation - "oh, kiss, kiss."
More entries for category: Television
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)