Bieber's new 'do
Categories: Social Media
Did hairstyle chameleon and fellow chart-topper Rihanna give Justin Bieber some advice on a new 'do this weekend? (Danny Moloshok/Reuters)
Did you feel a pop cultural disturbance in the Force on Monday? Perhaps there was a point during the afternoon when you heard a strange, high-pitched squeal that rang out; a teenage cry that you couldn't attribute to anything specific.
Well folks, this might explain it: Justin Bieber got a haircut.
The formerly mop-topped teen pop sensation teased his multitudes of fans with a Tweet Monday that noted he was "thinking about getting a haircut."
Gossip website TMZ landed some first snaps of Bieber's new hairstyle. (TMZ)
A few hours later, he dropped the bombshell: "Yeah so it's true. I got a 'lil haircut. I like it."
The work of his regular hairdresser -- a woman named Vanessa -- the cut came about because the Baby singer wanted "to change it up" and desired a more "mature look" than the floppy, side-swept lid style for which he's become known.
A consummate humanitarian, Bieber also noted that his shiny, shorn locks were earmarked for charity auctions.
Gossip site TMZ landed a few coveted snaps of the new 'do, including a pic of Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts posing with a pair of scissors aimed at the Biebs's new, slightly punkier lid. It was taken backstage on the set of their new music video for the tune That Should Be Me.
Ever the social media powerhouse, Bieber also posted his own shot from the video shoot.
Hairdressers of the world, get your scissors ready.
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)