Actress, celebrity and now fashion designer Lindsay Lohan. (Junko Kimura/Getty Images)
When I first got wind of Lindsay Lohan’s fledgling design career several months ago, I convinced myself I could wash it from my consciousness in much the same way as Pam Ewing was able to erase an entire season of Dallas by realizing it was all a bad dream.
No such luck. This morning, I turned on the TV only to be greeted with news that Lindsay Lohan’s 6126 leggings line (oh-so-cleverly named for Marilyn Monroe’s birth date) is “selling like hotcakes.” Or “blowing off the shelves,” as a publicist for one posh Hollywood boutique told the NY Daily News. Perhaps the latter is a more fitting description, given that LiLo’s best-selling item to date is an ugly little pair of leggings called Mr. President, a style that features little leather kneepads. (Damn! If only I'd known about them before giving my mother my Christmas list!)
While I’m not entirely enchanted with the idea of Lohan as designer, I hold out far more hope for her collection than for the Mischa Barton-designed line of headbands, which seem so overpriced and wrong-headed, I refuse to take them seriously. Except as a gossip item, of course: the headbands have allegedly sparked a tiff between former friends (and Lohan gal pals) Barton and Nicole Richie.
Is it wrong to suggest we organize some kind of celebrity cage match between all three of these ladies, just to see who emerges victorious?
More entries for category: Art & Design
About the Author
Other The Buzz Entries
About the Authors
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)