Last year, Robin Thicke had the song of the summer with the titillating Blurred Lines.This year, he's capitalizing on creepy with his new album Paula, a 14-track confessional seemingly aimed at winning back his estranged wife.
When you watch the sizzling trailer for the highly-anticipated 50 Shades of Grey, it definitely reels you in. But then we see Christian Grey's face.
Blake Lively is following in the designer-shod footsteps of Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba and Martha Stewart by launching a lifestyle website to sell her brand. But are you buying the trend?
The wit and voice of film critic Roger Ebert lives on in Life Itself, a new documentary from director Steve James. By focusing the camera on Ebert's life and death it's a fitting tribute says Eli Glasner
The Emmy nominations reflect a heightened quality of writing, a growing diversity in roles and a championing of women on the screen, writes Jelena Adzic.
First it was children, but now it's their parents (like rockers Pearl Jam), too. Even adults can't get enough of the Oscar-winning song Let It Go from the Disney animated film Frozen. A myriad of versions have been created and shared online, from parents happily covering the Disney track, a Game of Thrones mash-up to a Lord of the Rings-inspired parody.
Hollywood's Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy might fight bad guys onscreen, but in real life, actors (and dating couple) Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone do battle with lingering paparazzi by turning the spotlight on charities.
The gleam of the silver screen has a way of illuminating pop culture trends that have been quietly percolating, like when a bestselling book becomes a blockbuster movie. Take The Fault in Our Stars, aka the teen romance that stole last weekend's box office from Tom Cruise. The movie's opening weekend triumph suggests that those who flocked to it -- like many of those who read John Green's original novel -- could not have all been teens.
About the Blog
CBC's arts and entertainment reporters give you an insiders' view of arts and popular culture in "The Buzz". We connect readers to the hottest viral videos, music, people and trends.
About the Authors
Other The Buzz Entries
- 2014 (43)
- July (7)
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)