In honour of Leonard Cohen's 80th birthday, and his new record Popular Problems, we challenge you to choose your favourite cover of the Cohen classic: Hallelujah
Warner Brothers announces ambitious plans for a series of comic-book inspired films, betting big on the universal appeal of super heroes and special effects.
Actor John Cusack and director Cameron Crowe are willing to "Say Anything" to stop plans for a TV series based on the 1989 comedy drama.
Disney is partnering with a major bridal designer to make a Frozen-inspired wedding gown. Would you wear Queen Elsa's dress down the aisle, or leave dress-up for the kiddies?
The good news is that if you go by the dresses and the speeches, the big show was an incredibly classy event. Unfortunately, that's also the bad news.
If you didn't spend the weekend in costume at Comic-Con in San Diego, you can take your first look at the new trailer for the new Hunger Games movie Mockingjay - Part 1 right here.
When you watch the sizzling trailer for the highly-anticipated 50 Shades of Grey, it definitely reels you in. But then we see Christian Grey's face.
Blake Lively is following in the designer-shod footsteps of Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba and Martha Stewart by launching a lifestyle website to sell her brand. But are you buying the trend?
I Origins is a movie with many sides: a existential romance, a story packed with with facts and figures but at the same time open to coincidence and, simply, a well-acted film.
About the Blog
CBC's arts and entertainment reporters give you an insiders' view of arts and popular culture in "The Buzz". We connect readers to the hottest viral videos, music, people and trends.
About the Authors
Other The Buzz Entries
- 2014 (51)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- Watch the Mockingjay Trailer
- Is this the Christian Grey YOU envisioned?
- Celebrity lifestyle sites: Good or GOOP?
- FILM REVIEW: I Origins
- FILM REVIEW: Boyhood
- Goddess of Thunder? The new female Thor
- FILM REVIEW: Life Itself
- It's official: There's no shame in loving TV!
- Robin Thicke: Riding a wave of ick straight to the top of the charts?
- Eerie Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer debuts
- Pearl Jam Let It Go tribute shows hit song's grown-up appeal
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield turn tables on paparazzi
- The fault in our reading habits: is it so bad that adults are fans of YA stories?
- Psy and Snoop's satirical Hangover soars online
- FILM REVIEW: Chef
- Stage interruptus: what to do when someone disrupts a live show?
- Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Helsinki buskers
- May (4)
- The Simpsons exec teases upcoming death on show
- Power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé to tour together
- Deadmau5, king of Twitter beefs, takes on Arcade Fire
- Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works
- Pierce Brosnan says he 'was never good enough' at James Bond
- Game of Thrones: 7 anticipated match-ups and reunions in Season 4
- March (6)
- Oscars producers enlist celebs and pop stars to build buzz
- Gotcha! Jimmy Kimmel behind hoax Olympics wolf video
- Guardians of the Galaxy trailer unveils Marvel's misfit superhero team
- Olympic throwback: the history of art medals at the Games
- Lea Michele unveils Cory Monteith tribute song You're Mine
- Indie cyberpunk adventure game Jazzpunk debuts
- Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman
- January (5)