Travelling abroad: How much do you spend?
- August 27, 2010 10:53 AM |
- By POV
Canadians spent more money abroad and boosted Canada's international travel deficit to $3.5 billion in the second quarter, up $464 million from the previous quarter.
Statistics Canada says that's the highest level since record-keeping started in 1972.
Canadians travelling outside Canada spent $7.5 billion, up 5.9 per cent -- the fastest increase since the fourth quarter of 2007.
In contrast, spending by foreign travellers in Canada fell 1.1 per cent to $4 billion from the first quarter, when Vancouver hosted the Winter Olympics, The Canadian Press reports.
How much do you spend when you travel abroad? Where have you spent the most money?
(This poll is not scientific. It is based on readers responses.)
All News blogs
Point of View
- Internet freedom: Should government have the ability to shut down the internet?
- The Egyptian government shut down access to the internet and the country's cellphone data network early Friday, according to media reports. Internet and cellphone data service was unavailable throughout the country, making it impossible for news of the protests... Continue reading this post
- Access to information: Does Canada need to be more open with data?
- By CBC NewsCanada lags behind most other countries when it comes to sharing data with its citizens, according to the chair of the standing committee on access to information.Charlottetown MP Shawn Murphy's committee has been looking into how other jurisdictions... Continue reading this post
- TTC bus driver: Do you often see your local drivers texting?
- The Toronto Sun on Thursday published a picture sent by a reader of a TTC bus driver driving while texting on a mobile device. (Toronto Sun)The Toronto Transit Commission is coming under fire after the emergence of a picture... Continue reading this post