Back to accessibility links
A global village of 7 billion
Discover your place in the global village
Last Updated: October 31, 2011
On October 31, 2011 the human population will reach 7 billion people.
If this was a village of 100, how would you fit?
In the global village of 100 people:
- 49 would be women, 51 men
- 82 would be people of colour
- 26 would be 14 or younger
- 8 would be over 65.
- 31 have experienced cancer in one form or another
- 7 have a college degree
- 77 have a mobile phone
- 30 have internet access
- 16 cannot read or write
- 20 do not have regular access to electricity
- 13 would go to bed hungry every night
- 33 would be Christian; 22 Muslim; 14 Hindu
- 10 own half of all the wealth in the village