A sweeping initiative by the CBC gives Canadians a look inside their hospitals for the first time. Rate My Hospital gives you unprecedented access to information about hospitals across the country and the opportunity to rate and compare your own hospital. video
Lynn Burkitt asked for a double mastectomy, hoping to rid herself of worry after a scary bout with breast cancer, but instead suffered a series of mishaps that left her with a gaping wound. video
Provincial and territorial health department officials held cross-country meetings and agreed to a "national decision" to deny a CBC request for information about individual hospitals, CBC News has learned. video
CBC's the fifth estate has launched an interactive tool that allows patients to rate the quality of care in their hospitals in a similar way to how users of websites like TripAdvisor and Yelp evaluate travel and other experiences. video
Find a Hospital
View a hospital's profile and rate its performance
- or -
CBC did not rate specialized facilities such as pediatric hospitals.
View full chat »
- Truck-stop health care fills a void for drivers, farmers in U.S.
- Dr. Rob Marsh practises in a more tranquil setting compared to his days with the U.S. military's elite Delta Force unit - a job that took him to Somalia and other health-care hot spots. Now he has a clinic at a truck stop in Virginia that serves truckers and farmers, who don't always have easy access to care. more »
- 'Precision medicine' project to analyze DNA from 1 million in U.S.
- U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday called on Congress to approve spending in medical research that tailors treatment to an individual's genes, moving away from one-size-fits-all care. more »
- H7N9 bird flu case confirmed in 2nd B.C. patient
- A British Columbia man has been confirmed as Canada's second case of H7N9 bird flu. more »
- New Ebola cases fall under 100 for 1st week since June
- The number of new confirmed Ebola cases totalled 99 in the week to Jan. 25, the first time the weekly total has fallen below 100 since June 2014, the World Health Organization says. more »