A sweeping initiative by the CBC gives Canadians a look inside their hospitals for the first time. Rate My Hospital gives you unprecedented access to information about hospitals across the country and the opportunity to rate and compare your own hospital. video
Lynn Burkitt asked for a double mastectomy, hoping to rid herself of worry after a scary bout with breast cancer, but instead suffered a series of mishaps that left her with a gaping wound. video
Provincial and territorial health department officials held cross-country meetings and agreed to a "national decision" to deny a CBC request for information about individual hospitals, CBC News has learned. video
CBC's the fifth estate has launched an interactive tool that allows patients to rate the quality of care in their hospitals in a similar way to how users of websites like TripAdvisor and Yelp evaluate travel and other experiences. video
Find a Hospital
View a hospital's profile and rate its performance
- or -
CBC did not rate specialized facilities such as pediatric hospitals.
View full chat »
- When should courts and police be allowed to take your DNA?
- An Ontario man convicted of animal abuse has been ordered to give a DNA sample in case he commits crimes in the future. We want to hear from you: When should courts and police be allowed to take your DNA? Should animal abuse cases warrant submitting DNA? You weighed in via CBC Forum. more »
- Zika virus: Brazilian health institute discovers Zika in saliva, urine
- Zika has been identified in the saliva and urine of two patients infected by the virus, a leading Brazilian health institute said Friday, adding that further studies are needed to determine if those fluids could transmit the infection. more »
- What should be done to help those with PTSD?
- Ontario may move to address post-traumatic stress disorder among first responders, taking the burden of proof off the ill worker and putting the onus on the employer. Readers told us what they think society should do for people with PTSD. more »
- Concerns over clinical trials with pregnant women could delay a Zika vaccine
- There's tremendous urgency in the fight against the Zika virus but scientists have a significant hurdle in their search for a vaccine to the mosquito-borne virus. Because any testing on pregnant women raises big moral concerns. more »