A sweeping initiative by the CBC gives Canadians a look inside their hospitals for the first time. Rate My Hospital gives you unprecedented access to information about hospitals across the country and the opportunity to rate and compare your own hospital. video
Lynn Burkitt asked for a double mastectomy, hoping to rid herself of worry after a scary bout with breast cancer, but instead suffered a series of mishaps that left her with a gaping wound. video
Provincial and territorial health department officials held cross-country meetings and agreed to a "national decision" to deny a CBC request for information about individual hospitals, CBC News has learned. video
CBC's the fifth estate has launched an interactive tool that allows patients to rate the quality of care in their hospitals in a similar way to how users of websites like TripAdvisor and Yelp evaluate travel and other experiences. video
Find a Hospital
View a hospital's profile and rate its performance
- or -
CBC did not rate specialized facilities such as pediatric hospitals.
View full chat »
- Why are Canadians over 35 barred from signing up to donate bone marrow?
- Bone marrow donation is often the last hope of survival for leukemia patients like seven-year-old Joshua Weekes, who died earlier this week after being unable to find a donor. more »
- An American woman just died from a superbug resistant to 26 different antibiotics
- Last week, public health officials announced that a woman in Nevada had died from a superbug resistant to every available antibiotic in the United States. Lance Price is the Director of the Antibiotic Resistance Action Center at George Washington University and he's working on solutions to what he calls one of the greatest public health threats of our time. more »
- Ontario chief suggests class action lawsuit to stop Indigenous youth suicides
- It's time for First Nations leaders to consider a class action suit against the federal government on behalf of Indigenous youth who have died by suicide, says Isadore Day, the Ontario Regional Chief with the Assembly of First Nations. more »
- Rare rat virus infects 8 people in U.S.
- Eight people who worked at several rat-breeding facilities in Illinois and Wisconsin have been infected with a virus, CDC says. more »