Results, Ridings and Candidates
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
- Melissa Brade
- John Wierenga
- Rob Merrifield (Incumbent)
- Monika Schaefer
- Mohamed El-Rafih
- Ken Kuzminski
Party: Canadian Action Party
Marital Status: Married
Children: Two daughters
Career Background: Has worked in the sales and service industry, and with EBA Engineering doing road construction surveys.
Box 1, Site 16, RR 1
Party: Christian Heritage Party of Canada
Education: Welding ticket at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Profession: Journeyman welder
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Felicia
Career Background: Journeyman welder with Neeralta Welding and Sales in Neerlandia, Alta.
Community Activities: Serves on the church council of the Neerlandia Canadian Reformed Church. Served a partial term on the Pembina Pro-Life Board.
P.O. Box 92
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Birthdate: Dec. 19, 1953
Birthplace: Mayerthorpe, Alta.
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Brenda
Children: Chad and Scott
Career Background: Is a third-generation owner/operator of a farming business two miles east of Whitecourt, Alta.
Community Activities: Was chairperson and elected board member of the Whitecourt School District board of trustees. Served on the Northern Gateway Regional Division No. 10 School Authority. Has been a member of municipal and joint municipal planning commissions. Served as a trustee on the Whitecourt/Fox Creek Hospital Board for 12 years, several years as both chair and vice-chair. Is a former member of the Aspen Regional Health Authority.
Municipal: From 1998 to 2000 was a member of the Woodland county council.
Federal: Elected in Yellowhead in 2000, 2004 and 2006.
Party: Has served on the Whitecourt-Ste. Anne riding association executive for the past five years. Has held the position of president of the Yellowhead riding association for two years.
Committee: Chair: Health and Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure of the Standing Committee on Health. Former vice-chair: Health.
Caucus: Member of the Conservative Caucus. Former member of leader's advisory committee on health care. Former deputy health critic; Romanow Commission. Former critic for Intergovernmental Affairs; was the Conservative party's critic for Health, Official Languages.
Party: Green Party of Canada
Education: Awarded a B.Sc. in geography and geology from the University of Alberta in 1982, and has taken after-degree courses in environmental studies from the University of Waterloo.
Children: One daughter
Career Background: Earns her living as a violinist, both teaching and playing. Worked for many years for Parks Canada as a national park warden.
Provincial: Ran unsuccessfully in the provincial riding of West Yellowhead in the 2004 Alberta election.
Federal: Ran unsuccessfully in this riding in the 2006 general election.
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Education: BA in political science from the University of Calgary
Career Background: Runs family business, Mr. Teachme Tutoring.
Community Activities: Has served on Calgary Youth Justice Committee since 2001.
344 Rundlefield Road NE
Telephone : 403-629-6284
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthdate: Feb. 4, 1973
Birthplace: Rural Saskatchewan
Education: Studied engineering at the University of Saskatchewan.
Career Background: Managed fish processing and seed-cleaning plants before apprenticing as a carpenter. Has worked in that trade since 1999.
Community Activities: Is a director of the Jasper Tourism and Commerce Committee and a member of the Jasper Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee. Is a member of the Royal Canadian Legion. Participates in various charity fundraising initiatives.
Provincial: Ran unsuccessfully in West Yellowhead in the 2008 provincial election.
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Calgary Headlines »
- Bloody footprints 'correspond' with shoes missing from Douglas Garland's home, triple-murder trial hears
- Bloody footprints found at the house where a Calgary boy and his grandparents were last seen matched the shape and size of a pair of shoes missing from Douglas Garland's home, jurors at his first-degree murder trial heard Friday.
- 'Queer Hutterite': Photographer reflects on colony life in documentary audio
- The life of a 24-year-old photographer who grew up on a Hutterite colony in rural Manitoba before moving to Calgary after coming out as gay — is at the centre of a documentary nominated for a couple of Canadian Screen Awards.
- Best in show: Top dogs prepare for Alberta Kennel Club Winter Classic video
- Some of Calgary’s premium pooches are ready to show off at the Alberta Kennel Club Winter Classic dog show this weekend.
- 'End of the career politicians?' Calgarians react to Donald Trump's inauguration video
- At Kensington Barbers in Calgary, customers watched the inauguration of Donald Trump with either interest or reluctance.
- Trade turnover: Alberta looks East for new markets
- Alberta’s economic development minister says the change in administration in the United States may present new opportunities for Alberta to expand trade with partners in Asia, especially in China.
Edmonton Headlines »
- Food review Northern Chicken rules the roost in city's soul food scene
- Long-time friends Matt Phillips and Andrew Cowan have a thing for birds: pieces of them, that is. Deep fried, crispy-skinned, juicy, flavourful pieces of barnyard birds.
- Northern Alberta ski race teaches First Nation children lesson in determination video
- A cross-country ski race in Tawatina. Alta. on Friday introduced 100 children from nearby First Nations to competitive skiing.
- Minor hockey elite on display at St. Albert hockey tournament
- Sixteen teams from across Canada and western United States are in St. Albert this weekend to play for hockey supremacy.
- 'I have to save lives': Edmonton restaurant owner cleared building on fire video
- Riza Kasikcioglu was working at Maximo’s Pizza, a restaurant he bought just four months ago, when his wife Yeter told him to look out the window.
- Sore demand for bedside teachers at Stollery Children's Hospital video
- Edmonton Public Schools is struggling to meet demand for bedside teachers at the Stollery Children's Hospital.