Results, Ridings and Candidates
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
- Melissa Brade
- John Wierenga
- Rob Merrifield (Incumbent)
- Monika Schaefer
- Mohamed El-Rafih
- Ken Kuzminski
Party: Canadian Action Party
Marital Status: Married
Children: Two daughters
Career Background: Has worked in the sales and service industry, and with EBA Engineering doing road construction surveys.
Box 1, Site 16, RR 1
Party: Christian Heritage Party of Canada
Education: Welding ticket at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Profession: Journeyman welder
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Felicia
Career Background: Journeyman welder with Neeralta Welding and Sales in Neerlandia, Alta.
Community Activities: Serves on the church council of the Neerlandia Canadian Reformed Church. Served a partial term on the Pembina Pro-Life Board.
P.O. Box 92
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Birthdate: Dec. 19, 1953
Birthplace: Mayerthorpe, Alta.
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Brenda
Children: Chad and Scott
Career Background: Is a third-generation owner/operator of a farming business two miles east of Whitecourt, Alta.
Community Activities: Was chairperson and elected board member of the Whitecourt School District board of trustees. Served on the Northern Gateway Regional Division No. 10 School Authority. Has been a member of municipal and joint municipal planning commissions. Served as a trustee on the Whitecourt/Fox Creek Hospital Board for 12 years, several years as both chair and vice-chair. Is a former member of the Aspen Regional Health Authority.
Municipal: From 1998 to 2000 was a member of the Woodland county council.
Federal: Elected in Yellowhead in 2000, 2004 and 2006.
Party: Has served on the Whitecourt-Ste. Anne riding association executive for the past five years. Has held the position of president of the Yellowhead riding association for two years.
Committee: Chair: Health and Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure of the Standing Committee on Health. Former vice-chair: Health.
Caucus: Member of the Conservative Caucus. Former member of leader's advisory committee on health care. Former deputy health critic; Romanow Commission. Former critic for Intergovernmental Affairs; was the Conservative party's critic for Health, Official Languages.
Party: Green Party of Canada
Education: Awarded a B.Sc. in geography and geology from the University of Alberta in 1982, and has taken after-degree courses in environmental studies from the University of Waterloo.
Children: One daughter
Career Background: Earns her living as a violinist, both teaching and playing. Worked for many years for Parks Canada as a national park warden.
Provincial: Ran unsuccessfully in the provincial riding of West Yellowhead in the 2004 Alberta election.
Federal: Ran unsuccessfully in this riding in the 2006 general election.
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Education: BA in political science from the University of Calgary
Career Background: Runs family business, Mr. Teachme Tutoring.
Community Activities: Has served on Calgary Youth Justice Committee since 2001.
344 Rundlefield Road NE
Telephone : 403-629-6284
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthdate: Feb. 4, 1973
Birthplace: Rural Saskatchewan
Education: Studied engineering at the University of Saskatchewan.
Career Background: Managed fish processing and seed-cleaning plants before apprenticing as a carpenter. Has worked in that trade since 1999.
Community Activities: Is a director of the Jasper Tourism and Commerce Committee and a member of the Jasper Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee. Is a member of the Royal Canadian Legion. Participates in various charity fundraising initiatives.
Provincial: Ran unsuccessfully in West Yellowhead in the 2008 provincial election.
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Calgary Headlines »
- Albertans will be consulted before pot rules set by province: Premier Rachel Notley video
- The province will consult with Albertans before rolling out rules on marijuana, such as where it can be bought, used and the minimum age requirement pending legalization next July.
- Orphaned Calgary children 'tortured' by aunt and uncle with needles and lighters, Crown tells trial
- Three orphaned Calgary children who were forced to drink their own vomit and "tortured" with needles, lighters and barbecue forks will testify at an assault trial for their aunt and uncle, according to the prosecution.
- Q&A The difference between a strep A infection and strep throat
- An Alberta woman went public this week after nearly dying from a rare strep A infection. Colleen Watters survived, but spent nine days in a coma and doctors were forced to amputate her left foot, along with all the toes on her right foot and four fingers.
- Video Pop goes the whippet: Calgary dog's balloon-bursting skills break Guinness World Record video
- Using just his teeth and paws, the nine-year-old, cream-coloured dog exploded 100 balloons in 36.25 seconds at the Shawnessy YMCA Sunday afternoon, beating the Guinness World Record of 39.08 seconds.
- Recap Monahan scores team-leading 26th as Flames down Avalanche video
- Sean Monahan scored his team-leading 26th goal and added three assists Monday night as the Calgary Flames inched closer to clinching a playoff spot with a 4-2 victory over the floundering Colorado Avalanche.
Edmonton Headlines »
- Edmonton police looking for suspects in north end shooting
- Edmonton police are looking for suspects after a shooting in the city's northeast Monday afternoon. Police were called to a weapons complaint around 3 p.m. in the area of 133rd Avenue and 66th Street, police said in a press release Monday evening.
- Arson suspected after three sheriffs vehicles torched at Fort McMurray courthouse
- The RCMP are investigating a suspicious late-night fire at the Fort McMurray courthouse Wednesday that caused significant damage to three prisoner-escort vehicles and rattled nearby residents.
- Alberta government and marijuana growers await Ottawa's legalization plan
- Alberta Premier Rachel Notley said the province is waiting on legislation from the federal government next month before making decisions for Alberta.
- RCMP investigate suspected home-invasion death on Samson Cree Nation townsite
- RCMP are investigating how a man on the Samson Cree Nation townsite died Monday morning in what police are describing as a suspicious death they believe occurred during a home invasion.
- Edmonton man banned from owning pets, fined $1,200 in dog cruelty case
- An Edmonton man is banned from owning a pet for a decade after his dog was found to be in such bad shape the veterinarian thought the animal should have been put down years earlier.