Millions of taxpayers who have yet to file their 2012 tax returns have just hours to complete that annual ritual or face possible late filing penalties. The deadline is midnight tonight.
Most Canadian tax returns are filed electronically these days, which means refunds can take as little as eight business days. We review what tax software is out there for those who want to go paperless.
There is no shortage of confusion and misinformation out there when it comes to filing your taxes – from skewed perceptions of tax refunds to simple misunderstandings about revenue agency rules. We bust 10 of the most common myths.
- Put it off! When it pays to defer tax claims and deductions
- Canada best place in G8 to pay business taxes
- analysis 5 benefits of a flat-tax system, and why it still isn't likely in Canada
- Beware of online tax scams, warns former CRA employee
- Home office expense claims coming under closer scrutiny
- Working abroad won't spare you from tax hit at home