Matt Hallat: Paraolympian - Pain is part of the journey
- November 6, 2009 2:15 PM |
- By Your Voice
Bio: Matt Hallat has been on the national Para-Alpine ski team since 2002. The Whistler, B.C., skier competed at the 2006 Torino Paralympics in three events - slalom (standing), giant slalom (standing) and super-G (standing).
Hallat also won three gold medals at the 2005 Canadian Disabled Alpine Ski championships, while also earning a silver medal.
Here is your chance to ask Matt some questions. Maybe you'd like to know what he's most looking forward to at the Games.Or what his physical training entails. Or how he prepares psychologically for the Olympics.
It's up to you. Send us your questions and we will ask Matt to respond.
All News blogs
- Staying healthy: How to monitor and reduce your risk of disease
- For decades, the most popular tool for assessing a person's risk for obesity-related problems like diabetes and heart disease was the body mass index, or BMI. But some experts think physicians should focus on their patients' waist measurements, and a... Continue reading this post
- Privacy online: How to stay secure in the age of social media
- Following another round of criticism over its privacy settings, Facebook is tinkering with its policies once again. But many users are starting to ask whether it's too little, too late. The site has struggled with negative user feedback, while continuing... Continue reading this post
- Your Interview: How to talk to your kids about sex
- By Renee RamsarranSex education is an ongoing process that usually starts at home. Children learn about sex and sexuality through their parents, yet families often hesitate to talk about certain issues with their kids. How can you take an active... Continue reading this post