Julia Roberts' Valentino dress voted most iconic Oscar look of all time
Earlier this week in anticipation of Sunday night's 85th annual Academy Awards we asked you to vote on the most iconic Oscar styles of all time.
It was a tight race at first, with Halle Berry, Michelle Williams and Julia Roberts all polling high.
Eventually, Roberts took the lead in a black and white vintage Valentino gown that stunned everyone - even the designer himself - when she wore it to accept her Oscar for Erin Brokovich in 2001.
"For the biggest night of her career, Ms. Roberts made a very smart choice in picking a vintage dress from my 1982 collection dedicated to movie stars," said Italian couturier Valentino Garavani to Variety magazine in 2007.
"I was excited. This one was classic Valentino, and I felt she would surprise people with her elegance. That night I was in Rome, watching the Oscars live on television, and I stayed up until the wee house of the morning to see if she wore it."
Style critics took note of how glamorous the dress was, hailing it as perfect for the elegant movie star's big night.
Do you agree? Continue voting below to have your say, and please join us this Sunday for CBC's ultimate Oscar night live chat to give us your thoughts on the best looks from this year's red carpet and more.
Oscar fashion: vote for the most iconic looks
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Lauren O'Neil, Andrea Bellamare, John Bowman (Not shown: Andrea Lee-Greenberg, on leave)
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2013 (177)
- Internet's 'Worst Tattoo' fixed pro bono
- Julia Roberts' Valentino dress voted most iconic Oscar look of all time
- Pope to retire -- from Twitter, this time
- Black History Month: Looking back, pressing forward
- 'Warm and fuzzy' February photo contest
- Was teachers' fake Disney World student trip prank funny or cruel?
- RRSPs for reluctant savers: An ostrich's guide to nest eggs
- Will Google Glass ever be stylish?
- Meet our 2013 Oscar night live chat crew
- Shatner leads effort to name Pluto's moon Vulcan
- Opposites attract: Tell us your unlikely love story
- Youth for hire: employing 'Generation Jobless'
- Fired HMV employees take over Twitter account
- Toronto company puts your head on a Pez dispenser
- Perfume for babies released by Dolce & Gabbana
- U.S. man shot in driveway mix-up mourned online
- World reacts to new Blackberry phones, Alicia Keys hire
- Will BlackBerry 10 turn things around for the company?
- Is Volkswagen's new Super Bowl Commercial racist?
- Graphic porn invades Twitter's Vine app
- February (72)